Need new truck..

Help Support CattleToday:

GACowboy

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new small truck to travel/work. I've got a 3500 to pull anything I need but I've narrowed down at looking between a Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado, and Nissan Frontier. What are you thoughts and recomendations. Or should I be looking at a 1500?

Wife thinks I still need to stick with 1500 size truck. So therefore Ram 1500, F150, Chevy 1500, Tundra, or Tacoma?

I'm just trying to go the right direction. Would like something that gets 17mpg or better and I can walk out the door below 35k.

I've got a tundra and a frontier. Tundra has never seen a wrench. Frontier has been trouble since it was new. :2cents: and the truth.

full size diesel trucks I've had em all.
I prefer dodge.

Ask AC about the fuel mileage on his new 1500 Chevy. The Ram 1500 will get the best fuel mileage out all the 1/2 ton trucks, and that's a fact.

GACowboy":lgkfbwst said:
Wife thinks I still need to stick with 1500 size truck. So therefore Ram 1500, F150, Chevy 1500, Tundra, or Tacoma?
Any of the base model v6 full size trucks will cost about the same as a compact truck,
And get within a few mpgs of the smaller while giving a much better ride.
That is what I would go with in your situation.

If your getting a truck with a gas motor, it has to be a Chevy or GMC. No other gas motor can come close to the LS. (although Ford eco-flop, and the Mopar Mafia would have you beleive other wise)

hillbilly beef man":n8ryakjk said:
GACowboy":n8ryakjk said:
Any of the base model v6 full size trucks will cost about the same as a compact truck,
And get within a few mpgs of the smaller while giving a much better ride.
That is what I would go with in your situation.

I wouldn't get the V6 in a 1/2 ton truck at all. A small V8 will have more power with very little (if any) difference in fuel economy. At least that's been my experience.

My 2005 Tundra had the radiator, drive shaft, and rear leaf springs all break. Transmission started acting up at 180K miles. I used it like a work truck but never overloaded it. MPG was 16 empty. My personal experience was the Toyota quality is overrated.

M-5":90e0rh0c said:
TennesseeTuxedo":90e0rh0c said:
Dodge.

Hands down a Dodge. Not sure why they even make any other brand. Yup, gotta be a Dodge.

Praise the LORD he has SEEN the light .

HA! Took you long enough! I nearly threw up just typing that tripe.

Ford young man, buy yourself a Ford. Best selling truck for 39 years in a row for a reason.

The smaller trucks only get about 4mpg better mileage and you REALLY need to check insurance rates before you buy. The GMC/Chevy with the 5.3 is a good buy.

Nissan? Most of what you'll find is the 4.0 double cab. The base model has a 2.5 w/manual but I've never seen one and I've done a lot of work in that plant recently.

Latest posts