Need More Lamb Recipes

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I have some shoulder roasts and legs left.
Been using the recipe Knersie posted and my family loves it.
Just wondering if there are some other recipes out there.

Have no chops. Son cooked them up for him and his friend, them 2 eaters ate all the chops.

Debone a leg.

Buy two packets of Knorr Meat Marinade, mix that with a pint buttermilk and marinade the deboned leg overnight. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a Weber till 70C in the inside. I put parbvoiled potatoes in the driptray underneath the leg of lamb. Your GP will get a heart attack on your behalf, but very few things beat the taste.

This is what I did last week except I used goat rather than lamb.

2 lbs of lamb stew meat, 2 inch cubes
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp mace
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 cup plain yogurt

Marinate meat in this mixture for a day. Then foil a baking pan and place the diced meat on the pan and broil 5 minutes on each side. 10 minutes total. Take meat out and let cool then chop or slice to your liking. I then let it sit again.

From here I will warm it back up and use in pita bread with tomatoes, lettuce, chopped cucumbers and tahini sauce.

Tahini sauce
1/2 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini
pinch of salt
2 tbsp cold water

Note, with goat or venison I prefer to cook it slower and wrapped in foil so it won't dry out since its not as fatty as lamb.

Makes for a pretty tasty yet healthy meal.

That sounds delicious Jo. I wonder if it would work using a boneless lamb roast and then broil it using the rotisserie on the BBQ.

This is now on the menu. Need to pick up some more spices as I don't usually have mace or tahini on hand. Now I need a whisky sauce recipe.

It would probably be better. Its hard to beat meat cooked on a rotiss. Only thing I would change if you did it that way would be a little longer time in the marinade to be sure it absorbed as much as possible cause the flavors are really good.

Knersie that is another great recipe. So nice and tender. :D :D

Now I need to thaw out another leg and try Jo's recipe too. :D :D

Traditional Irish Lamb Stew:

30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
600g (1 lb 5 oz) shallots, peeled
1.25kg (2 lb 12 oz) bones shoulder of lamb, cut into large chunks
450g (1 lb) carrots, peeled and quartered
1.3kg (3 lb) medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
6 thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
15ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
850ml (3½ cups) lamb stock or water
45ml (3 tbsp) corn flour
chopped parsley, to serve

Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the shallots until golden, turning often. Remove and set aside.
Add the rest of the oil to the pan, then fry the lamb over a high heat until well browned.
Place the meat, onions and herbs in a 4.8 litre casserole dish.
Mix the lamb stock or water with the Worcestershire sauce, then pour over the meat. Place the dish in the oven and bake for an hour.
Remove the dish from the oven and add the potatoes and carrots into the stew. Lower the oven's temperature to 130°C/fan 110°C/265°F/gas mark ½, add the carrots and potatoes to the mix and cook the stew for another 2 hours.
When the vegetables are cooked and the meat is tender, drain the sauce in another pot and heat it on the hob. Mix the corn flour with a bit of water and slowly add it to the sauce, stirring constantly until it has thickened. Add the sauce to the meat and vegetables again.
Scatter with chopped parsley and serve.

Latest posts