Need more help with computer files.

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I was in my payroll file today and must have hit something, the file names flipped. It went A to Z on the file names now it is Z to A on them. I don't know what happened or how to fix it, it's not a big deal, just iratating. Any help?

TennesseeTuxedo":qwi33fg5 said:
Easy fix, just hit the same button over again. :)

:lol: :lol: big help! I wish I knew what happened so I can fix it. Just as curious to what happened as much as anything else.

slick4591":nfnxcjl7 said:
Right click on the folder and left click rename.

Tried it but I didn't see it, but I'm talking about a folder with files being reversed alphabetically not a file.

Sorry, I didn't understand that. I thought it renamed itself. :oops:

Try this: Open the folder and look at the right upper part where it say Arrange By. Click on that and see the ways to change them.

Katpau":2rvoyu0f said:
Open the folder and right click on it, then choose "sort by". Select "Ascending".

Thanks, that got it! :tiphat: Roseburg! Love the area, my grandparents lived there until she passed, both are buried there.

Alan

bbirder":wduma9a3 said:
What program are you using for payroll?

I just use a spreadsheet and formulas to compute withholdings. Have each employee's spreadsheet in a folder with other related documents.

Thanks all for the help. I have no idea how I did it, must have been crazy fingers on a drunk mouse. Or was it drunk fingers on a crazy mouse? :?