Need Loader For Massey Fergouson Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

jdog1981

Reaction score
I have a Older Massey that I need a loader for. Does anyone know what loader I can look for. Its a early 70's 285. I have a newer John Deere with a loader but adding another loader to the farm sure helps with hay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You need a MF 246 loader with the right brackets for your tractor. That is what my 1981 model MF 285 has for it. There is some other brands that will fit also as maybe someone else will know.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... n-285.html
002cvg.jpg

I just spent most of a year looking for a used loader for my 451 massey. Be careful, because you may very well find a loader, and then find out that brackets are $1000 dollars or more. I just stayed diligent, and found a loader, and brackets together. I got the loader, and brackets for $1500. It only came with a bucket, and no spear. The spear is something they don't make anymore, and I am in the process of fabricating one. It looks like I am going to have $500 in just the spear.

bigfoot you wouldve been money ahead by going to your dealer and buying a new loader for your tractor.

bigbull338":2zooi44a said:
bigfoot you wouldve been money ahead by going to your dealer and buying a new loader for your tractor.

They should wear a mask, and carry a gun here then. I got prices from $6500-$8500. I'll have about $2000 in mine, plus a trip most of the way across Missouri. I visited a couple old college buddies on the way back, so I call that canceling out the gas.

If, in your travels, you find an IH 2100 loader (for a IH684).. let me know :)

Decent loaders are hard to find, most of the tractors that have a loader keep getting fixed up until neither is worth chit

Latest posts