Need info on Red Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
I going to AI some heifer's been looking at a bull by the name Paradox KO40 any body every used him? Another bull we looked at is Make my day981-62 and Buster406603-67.
any input would be appreciated.
Thank's
rattler

I am uncertain about Parodox, but MMD for us was very inconsistant on birth weights and calving ease. I talked to our local rep that uses RA for alot of heifer projects and he had the same results. Buster was easy calving but not much after that. This is just our experience with these bulls it might be OK for you. What kinda heifers are you breeding?

have a good one

lazy ace

We have three Black Angus heifers, and one Sim-Angus cross heifer to breed now. Thank you for your reply. Do you know anything about a bull named Glacier Chateau 744-82? If not do you have any suggestions for a good red Angus heifer bull. We are currently looking at Genex catalog.
Thanks Rattler

Chateau cattle have been known for bad feet, someone else pointed that out on this site also. We haven't used any of that bloodline for that reason. ABS has some more options for heifer bulls (absglobal.com) I like the dakota copper bull at abs, we have used him since a yearling and have had real good luck with him. What do your heifers weigh?

have a good one

lazy ace

I bred paradox to some heifers a couple years ago. His BW was reasonable and the calves were fine. Nothing wonderful and as with any heifer bull, you loose a little preformance. They were plenty calvable though on my heifers.

From ABS, Basin 79E gets my nod, we've been using him for 6-7 years. Calves come easy, grow well and moderates frame on his daughters. Udders are average to slightly above average for shape.
A gent north of us used Above & Beyond on his heafers for the last 3 years. Calves are tiny at birth but grow well. He bred 15 A&B daughters this year. Claimed to be a very nice looking set of heifers. Haven't seen them my self but the vet and several other people have talked about how good they are.

dun