need info on prolapse

Help Support CattleToday:

kypops

Reaction score
I have a herford, heiford about a year old she has a prolapse of the Vagina. Is it able to be fix, if so how? would that hinder her from being breed, or delivery? I am new to cattle. i have 2 hereford heiford and 1 angus bull alabout the same age. Need all info i can get. I have reading your board ever since i got them have learned a whole lot. thanks . thank

Bets bet with a heifer that prolapses is to ship her for slaughter. Prolapses can be fixed but it should be a stop gap thing until she calves then send her down the road as a kill cow. It depends on how close she is to calving. If it's a month or so I meet keep her aorund till she calves, further from calving then that and she needs to go in the freezer.

If she is only a year old I would assume she is not bred. if she is prolapsing that young she will be worse when bred. Put her in the freezer as she will not bring much at the market.

Hi we are new to the cattle. we have 2 Hereford,heifer about 1 yr old. the one has what i call is a prolapsed Vagina.
It is about the size of a golf ball ,it alway has a thin string of something of Poop hanging off it. We also have a Angus bull about a year old also.
We would like to breed them. Is there any thing I can do about this Prolapsed? please i need your help.

If you can only see it when she is laying down I wouldn't worry about it. As it is not really a vaginal prolapse. Some overly fats cow get this as well.

Latest posts