Need help

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My husband and I have been looking into buying a couple beef cows and raising them but are unsure of what breed to buy? We live in WA state and during the summer have 40 acres we can use, but during winter they would be on five acres, what types of breeds would be best for milk, meat and calving would people suggest for our area? Because this will be our first attempt at raising beef by ourselves (my parents raised a few cows when I was growing up), please help us by letting us know if we get calves, what types of vaccinations should we give? What type of wormer should we use? Thank you for any help that you can give us.

[email protected]

Your best help will be your local county agriculture agent. If you have a local cattleman's association that would also be good. If you need anything else e-mail me.

Matt Bar M Ranch

> My husband and I have been looking
> into buying a couple beef cows and
> raising them but are unsure of
> what breed to buy? We live in WA
> state and during the summer have
> 40 acres we can use, but during
> winter they would be on five
> acres, what types of breeds would
> be best for milk, meat and calving
> would people suggest for our area?
> Because this will be our first
> attempt at raising beef by
> ourselves (my parents raised a few
> cows when I was growing up),
> please help us by letting us know
> if we get calves, what types of
> vaccinations should we give? What
> type of wormer should we use?
> Thank you for any help that you
> can give us.

[email protected]

>This info from a fellow geginner. Spend a little extra and buy a good, preconditioned beef typ calf. The breed cross realy doesn't matter that much,for the first time out. After your first calf, and your accustomed to working with it you'll find out how much effort you really want to put into it. We love raising two a year,we eat one and barter with the other.

We have friends that copied us and hated it. b ut they hate anything that relates to effort. good luck.

[email protected]

Latest posts