Need help with something...

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I've got this "strategic analysis" report to do on range management practices for school. And I have to have it done and handed in by Monday.

The first topic is grazing, and the second one is of my own choice. I've been given options to follow like prescribed burning, fencing, herbicide program, and recreation.

But I'm trying to look for something(s) that has to do with range management other than those five topics I've already mentioned, and I'm stumped.

So, if any ideas come to mind when you read this, please let me know.

THANKS!!

How about the environmental aspects of range management or the effects on wildlife?

Thanks you two...

I was hoping for more responses than this though. :? :|

IluvABbeef":2degu5ow said:
But I'm trying to look for something(s) that has to do with range management other than those five topics I've already mentioned, and I'm stumped.

THANKS!!

How about the effects of soil testing, additions of amendments/fertilizers to bring your soil up to par, and the consequent reduction of weeds? There is also the subject of properly managing grazing land to prevent overgrazing and allowing weeds to gain a foothold. Another option might be intensive grazing, and the benefits of it. I hope this helps.

msscamp":3ks0vqy2 said:
IluvABbeef":3ks0vqy2 said:

THANKS!!

How about the effects of soil testing, additions of amendments/fertilizers to bring your soil up to par, and the consequent reduction of weeds? There is also the subject of properly managing grazing land to prevent overgrazing and allowing weeds to gain a foothold. Another option might be intensive grazing, and the benefits of it. I hope this helps.

It should help abit...thanks

IluvABbeef":285thshj said:
msscamp":285thshj said:
IluvABbeef":285thshj said:

THANKS!!

You're welcome. :)

IluvABbeef":11jujdau said:
msscamp":11jujdau said:
IluvABbeef":11jujdau said:

THANKS!!

Karin I hope your paper was done before this last response.1st year is a Beotchhhhhhhh second is worse.

hillsdown":28sbkzs6 said:
IluvABbeef":28sbkzs6 said:
msscamp":28sbkzs6 said:
IluvABbeef":28sbkzs6 said:

THANKS!!

Karin I hope your paper was done before this last response.1st year is a Beotchhhhhhhh second is worse.

Third year is h***...and I only have 3 classes this semester! :shock:

Paper's handed in. I thought about all of the ideas you gave me, and I'm doing pasture improvement (which includes prescribed burning and grazing)....and grass-fed beef.

Thanks again everyone. :)

IluvABbeef wrote:
Paper's handed in. I thought about all of the ideas you gave me, and I'm doing pasture improvement (which includes prescribed burning and grazing)....and grass-fed beef.

That sounds interesting post some bullet points when you get it back.Hope you get a really good grade :) .

hillsdown":1hmt9gy9 said:
IluvABbeef wrote:

That sounds interesting post some bullet points when you get it back.Hope you get a really good grade :) .

Actually, this paper is just the beginning. It's something to get the ideas flowing, knowing where to start, and what, things like that.

But all the same, will do. :)

Do ya'll have cedar? How about improving range land by getting rid of it.. Big improvement in water flow in Texas by removeing it..

peg4x4":1monqaib said:
Do ya'll have cedar? How about improving range land by getting rid of it.. Big improvement in water flow in Texas by removeing it..

No cedar, but lots of aspen...and improving rangeland by getting rid of THAT is something to also consider.