Need help with cattle/equine cohabitation

Help Support CattleToday:

triumph

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and I hope someone can help me. :help:
We have a male mexican donkey that is almost 3, a male miniature horse that is 8, and these two have shared a fenced pasture peacefully for the past year. We have another fenced pasture where we keep our holstein bull. My question is whether I can put one of my 1 year old holstein bulls in with them? Are there any issues that would keep me from doing this, or will it be okay for them all to graze together without fighting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

Thank you to all and I look forward to being on this board! :banana:

Without a track record of previous behaviour there is no way to know for sure. Sometimes they don;t do anything others will fight, kick, bite and generally pick on the bovine part of the equation. Only way to know for sure is to turn them in togehter and watch what happens. I know, pretty lousey advice.

Thank you so much for your response. We are going to try tomorrow as the rest of the bulls keep picking on this one and he's getting thin. They aren't letting him eat the grain or hay, so we will just see what happens with the donkey and horse. Thanks for your response, much appreciated!!!!

Latest posts