need help now

Help Support CattleToday:

kypops

Reaction score
my hereford heifer is 15 mo old and today i found this knot in her neck, it is shaped just like a large egg under the skin its on her right side. the guy next door said it looked like a wevel. have you ever heard of this? what can i do?
thanks for any help

Well ~ I feel pretty confident saying that it is not something that is an emergency. I am assuming that you know it is not a reaction to any shot you have given her (?). Does it feel hot to the touch? Avoid the temptation to cut it open until AFTER you know what you are dealing with. Is it hard or soft? Does it appear to be tender/sensitive if you touch it? I am not advising you to ignore it, but I don't want you to panic either. Is there a scab on it or maybe a scar or scratch ~ anything to indicate that it entered from the outside?

Whats a wevel?

ga. prime":v3e6k5el said:
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

LMAO :lol2: :nod: that is exactly what I was thinking when I read this and now I have that stupid saying in my head.. :help:

I agree with Angie. Or could be a Bee Sting?
Not something I would worry about. Check it in a couple days.

Could be an injection site reaction, bee/wasp/hornet/yellow jacket sting, an infected wound, etc etc. Look at her history.

Latest posts