Need help in a bad way

Help Support CattleToday:

Burty2594

Reaction score
In north Alabama no clue as to what is bloating my cattle I've sold the original group had testing on them no Jones disease sent off to auburn negative thought could be hay that has clover in it but smells fresh and it's barn kept new group in does have pond in small 4 acre field no clover in field no weeds hardly either have different type hay out fresh hay and kicker is some bloat some aren't I have no clue as to what this could be what is bloating my animals the last group were brood cows this group is 6 month calves and 1 yearling registered angus bull he's continuing treated with bolus and a drench orally given no feed plenty wind and rain mineral and a trace mineral salt block out there's fresh water they drink constant they have hay always there I'm lost on it no fertilizer has been put out either

In north Alabama no clue as to what is bloating my cattle I've sold the original group had testing on them no Jones disease sent off to auburn negative thought could be hay that has clover in it but smells fresh and it's barn kept new group in does have pond in small 4 acre field no clover in field no weeds hardly either have different type hay out fresh hay and kicker is some bloat some aren't I have no clue as to what this could be what is bloating my animals the last group were brood cows this group is 6 month calves and 1 yearling registered angus bull he's continuing treated with bolus and a drench orally given no feed plenty wind and rain mineral and a trace mineral salt block out there's fresh water they drink constant they have hay always there I'm lost on it no fertilizer has been put out either
Call Gerry Thompson at Bell Mina research farm

Do you have Johnson grass in the pasture ? The only other thing I could remotely think of is all the rain we have got this summer in Alabama. My grass is lush and still growing . We have mostly fescue with a mix of clover , Bermuda and lots of crabgrass . But no bloating. Let us know if you find out ! Hope you get an answer.

Do you have Johnson grass in the pasture ? The only other thing I could remotely think of is all the rain we have got this summer in Alabama. My grass is lush and still growing . We have mostly fescue with a mix of clover , Bermuda and lots of crabgrass . But no bloating. Let us know if you find out ! Hope you get an answer.
mine is fescue but other grass mix but a majority is gay trying to find out what the cause is

Latest posts