Need help from the mechanically minded - photos added

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
So I'm about to buy a used ute (thats equivalent to your pickup truck) ... my mechanic tells me it is a type that doesnt often have problems, parts are ok to get, and it seems to be running reasonably well.

Anything else I need to know?

Oh I have no clue. Its yellow, old and some sort of toyota. Bit rough and ready, its certainly not pretty but I basically want it to cart goats and sheep round, and hay bales. So I figure it doesnt need to be pretty long as it goes.

Yeah, I trust my mechanic. He's not the sort that would tell me to buy a lemon so he could fix it all the time

Toyota's have always been good for us, but like already said, is your mechanic good and do you trust him? If so, he can look at it, crawl under it, lift the hood, etc. All things we can't do here on the boards.

Keren":28lw5blv said:
So I'm about to buy a used ute (thats equivalent to your pickup truck) ... my mechanic tells me it is a type that doesnt often have problems, parts are ok to get, and it seems to be running reasonably well.

Anything else I need to know?

Keren, why is it called a ute down there? just curious..
And.. I have a Toyota pickup...and its been amazingly reliable, tough, and good for small hauling.

Thanks.. I never put the two together.. all I could keep coming up with was the indians in southern part of Colorado. Utes.

So I used to be driving this around:

P1170911.JPG

1991 Nissan Pulsar Hatchback

And I just got this one instead:

P1170913.JPG

1979 Toyota Ute

Pretty bl00dy big difference I know. The ute is a dinosaur, and its not at all pretty but its slightly more practical, I can stop putting the goats on the back seat of the hatchback now!

The little red car was my first car ... and its been so good to me ... and I'm actually kinda sad to see it go. I wish I could keep it but cant afford two rego's. :cry2: I'm a wimp, I know :D

I need to figure out FAST how to get music in this car. All it has is a radio. I CANNOT live without either a CD or MP3 player in the car. Any ideas?

P1170918.JPG

Latest posts