Need hay rake

Help Support CattleToday:

chadreed88

Reaction score
What kind of hay rakes do you recommend that are under $4,000? We want a 8 or 10 wheel rake. We are in North Texas so any help would be great.

chadreed88":x5j4a4mj said:
What kind of hay rakes do you recommend that are under $4,000? We want a 8 or 10 wheel rake. We are in North Texas so any help would be great.
id go with a wheel rake on a caddy.10 or 12 wheel rake works real good.

If you should buy a used rake, check the main arms for cracks where they attach to the pivots.

dun

Not that this is what ya want but I just thought I'd chime in. I used to use a NH roll-a-bar when I had my dairy. Now that I am back into beef, I bought an almost new Kuhn GA 3200GT rake for 2,400. What a nice rake that is.

chadreed88":26a4lgjq said:
Have you priced the vermeer 8 wheel rake with the durabull wheels. It might be in your price range. I have the same rake that I have been using for 8 years. I do not have the durabull wheels on it. It is the same rake as the tonutti, John Deere has the same rake painted green and yellow.

Bought a used Vermeer 8 wheel rake this year for just over 2K. It had only been used to rake last year by someone I knew that bought a bigger model and did not like what they were going to give him for a trade.

It cut my raking time down by 2/3. Loved just the one pass idea instead of one or two trips one way and then another trip the other way with a traditional rake for a good windrow. With fuel prices on the rise plus your time added as cash it is worth the money to me. New ones are less than 3K.

J

Thanks for everyones advise. We ended up buying a 10 wheel AG-MAXX. It is very nice and will rake hay very well. Anyone needing any hay let me know we have some available and would make some good deals to get it moving.

we have a wheel rake and one of the arms broke last weekend. We borrowed a JD v-rake from a neighbor to get the job done and it sure did rake the hay better then the wheel rake in my opinion. There was not as much hay left on the ground.