Need guidance on selling / trading young Angus bulls.

Help Support CattleToday:

bobrammer

Reaction score
I have a very small group of Registered Angus. One of my cows just had a bull calf this week. That gives me three cows, one heifer, two weanling bulls and one baby bull. Obviously, I have more bulls than I need. What's the best way to sell / trade registered stock? Should I just sell / trade the weanlings as bulls? Castrate the new calf? I plan to AI this year to get everybody calving at the same time. Sorry about the stupid questions. Thanks, RGR

Both of them are good, solid looking calves. Straight backs etc.
They were both born in June of 2005. Registration numbers are 15070376 and 15070372. I would really like to trade them
for heifers if possible.

bobrammer":54m286gd said:
I have a very small group of Registered Angus. One of my cows just had a bull calf this week. That gives me three cows, one heifer, two weanling bulls and one baby bull. Obviously, I have more bulls than I need. What's the best way to sell registered stock? Should I just sell the weanlings? Castrate the new calf?
I plan to AI this year to get everybody calving at the same time. Sorry about the stupid questions. Thanks, RGR

I think the best way for small breeders to sell registered stock is through consignment sales. I'll put a link at the bottom of this post to the Texas Angus Assn. Their web site has links to several small Angus groups in Texas that have sales every year.

What do the bulls weigh? If they were not developed so they weigh 1100 lbs or so as yearlings, I wouldn't sell them as breeding bulls. But that's just my opinion.

I'd encourage you to get out to some of the registered Angus sales this spring and see how things work for smaller registered breeders. Good luck....

Link: http://texasangus.com/