need good vet/resource book

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and new to the cattle business. So far I have gotten the storeys books on cattle and am in need of a good vet book, cause the others only go so far with certain issues. I also have gotten a great vet through the experimental station near me, but I want my own resource book. P.S. there is sure a lot of good info on this forum. Thanks for any help

MistyMorning":dvkkazv3 said:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and new to the cattle business. So far I have gotten the storeys books on cattle and am in need of a good vet book, cause the others only go so far with certain issues. I also have gotten a great vet through the experimental station near me, but I want my own resource book. P.S. there is sure a lot of good info on this forum. Thanks for any help

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

Bez+

Thanks Bez!
I wasn't the one that posted this, but I truly appreciate the link. I had been researching this very subject a few days ago.

Thank you Bez, I looked at the site for Mercks and it is very detailed with lots of information. Do you happen to know of any other sources that aren't as technical? I like to think I'm not a dope, but would'nt mind something a with a little less technical jargon. I did save the sit though, will probably need it, the way things go around here.

MistyMorning":3m571dyb said:
Thank you Bez, I looked at the site for Mercks and it is very detailed with lots of information. Do you happen to know of any other sources that aren't as technical? I like to think I'm not a dope, but would'nt mind something a with a little less technical jargon. I did save the sit though, will probably need it, the way things go around here.

Besides the one line version there is a hrd copy that is easier to understand. It's easier to just leaf through a section instead of having to rely on hitting the exact terminology for the one line version that will give you the information you're looking for.
Mine is 30 some years old, but it really hasn;t changed much.

Thanks Dun, Just what I need. Sometimes you have to have the thing with you when your trying to figure out whats going on. Thanks all for your help.

I promise you that if you apply yourself a little , what looks technical starting out will all come together in a few years.

Then you can become one of those "a little bit of knowledge is dangerous " people to your vet! :lol:

Welcome aboard.

ALX

Latest posts