Need Easy Post for Electric Fence

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
What kind of post can I put without putting too much material for a 2 wire electric fence. When the back half of the property is sold off in 4 to 5 years I am going to have to pull all this fencing off. Dont want to put full sizr H Frames. I read this article but dont understand the braces it is talking about. Can anyone help. What is just an " angle brace"?

"Every line of electric fencing needs to be supported by tying off to a brace post at both ends of the fence line. However, the traditional H-braces used for barbed wire cattle fencing are overkill for most electric fences because you are not building a high-tension fence. Use Angle Braces for multi-strand boundary fences and the even simpler Bedlog Brace on single-wire electric fences. You will find images and descriptions of how to build angle braces and bedlog braces on page 74 of Grass-Fed Cattle."

Search on here for "floating brace". Pictures and plenty of discusion

If it's going to be temp and Slight lean doesn't bother you. One post 5' deep will suffice. Just but ratchet strainers inline to tighten it if it needs it. I've seen tpost corner with tpost braces that might work but I've never used them

callmefence":2uhok880 said:
A tpost drove good and deep for end post. Drive another in line of the pull behind your end post.Twist a doubled length of wire from top of end post to bottom of deadman post. .
Pretty easy, thanks, dont want to leave whoever buys the back acres some free H frames if I dont have to.

callmefence":3378wa3s said:
A tpost drove good and deep for end post. Drive another in line of the pull behind your end post.Twist a doubled length of wire from top of end post to bottom of deadman post. .
Here here....

1982vett":1jfibhuv said:
callmefence":1jfibhuv said:
Here here....
Yep, they even have the dollar general t-post fittings at tractor supply for this. I've used them against my better judgement for such and they're still holding up.

Would the deadman technique with the T post work for the corners or would one of these kits from Tractor Supply work for those?

GREAT INFO! Now I am not dreading the work load of fencing off those back acres. I dont have friends or family out here so I have to do all the work by myself. This makes it so much easier.

I don't have much electric fence, but for corner post I use the 3.5"/4" X 6.5' pressure treated post. I sharpen one end with a chainsaw, and mash it in the ground with my FEL. Your ground may not cooperate with that. I can do it here about 10 months out of the year. Hadn't had one lean yet.

RanchMan90":3fzhvsfw said:
1982vett":3fzhvsfw said:
callmefence":3fzhvsfw said:
Here here....
Yep, they even have the dollar general t-post fittings at tractor supply for this. I've used them against my better judgement for such and they're still holding up.

I have some of these that I put up well over twenty years ago and still going strong....

sometimes I just drive a steel post in the ground and slip a 5 foot section of 2 in pvc over it to make an insulated corner....works real good for poly wire divisions....

photos of a floating brace I built a few years ago as an emergency when the wind blew down my persimmon tree. the brace is still functioning well.... 3 strand high tensile electric fence.

This is my first T post angle post. Have not tightened the wire yet but when I lean on the post its pretty solid. For the anchor I used some 40 year old T post I salvaged from my grandfathers fence that had holes already in the base of the post. I ran the wire through the holes and sank it in the ground. I left extra length in the wire in case I need to rework it.

Latest posts