Need contact info for Jim Lents

Help Support CattleToday:

AppalachCattle

Reaction score
Hello, I need a current email or phone number for contacting Jim Lents. I want to get a copy of his linebreeding book. Also looking for "Linebreeding" by Jay L. Lush. Thanks in advance

Awhile back someone posted his website. It wasn't finished, but I'd still like to bookmark it. Anyone have it? Thanks.

AppalachCattle":cd5mne3p said:
Hello, I need a current email or phone number for contacting Jim Lents. I want to get a copy of his linebreeding book. Also looking for "Linebreeding" by Jay L. Lush. Thanks in advance
James Lents
25398 Sw Coombs Rd
Indiahoma, OK 73552-2623
(580) 246-3560
I called him this morning.
Book is in print
Send return address along with $30.00 and he will send book in padded envelope.
He said if anyone needs to talk to him best time is in the evening.

AppalachCattle":3nwvuhfd said:
Linebreeding by Jay L. Lush. Try contacting- Dept. of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa- ISU Ansci-Archives,JL Lush, Abstract. Some good hard core reading. I've read it more than once and my head is still spinning.

purecountry":h80wch3r said:
Just a tidbit - I ordered the book this fall, and it's worth every penny.

seemed pretty basic with little explanation of anything beyond calculating percentage of blood. i am glad i read it, but i dont know that i got $30 out of it.

Has much changed in the latest print?

I hated reading text on one page and then turing to the pedigree a few pages further on that has been discussed.

If not I agree with Aero.

As I said earlier I talked to him this morning. It is the same old book. He said he will be comming out with an updated version in the next two years.

Jim's book is a great treatise! You will beneft from it to the extent that you STUDY it - not memorize it. I would suggest that you don't just sit down and read it straight through.

Study suggestion:

1- Read a Chapter. Don't even try to remember what you read. Just read it like a novel.
2- Re-read the first paragraph
3- Re-read the second paragraph
4- Go back and re-read paragraph 1 AND 2.
5- Close the book on a bookmark, and think about what you have just read.
Review what you read and see if you have a clue what you just read!
6- Read the third paragraph and then the fourth in the same way as paragraphs 1 and 2.
7- Continue on in this manner to the end of the Chapter.
8- After you have read, re-read and reviewed in this way, go back and read the Chapter again - THEN test yourself and see if you know what you read. If not, quickly, and I mean quickly, check out those points about which you are unsure.
9- Put the book aside and don't read anymore for a few hours!
10- Go to Chapter 2. Repeat what you did in Chapter 1.
11- Very quickly re-read Chapters 1 and 2.

Read it as FUN, not as a chore.

Have fun!

DOC HARRIS

I agree Doc. The book isn't meant to be memorized. You don't need to learn exactly what matings Jim did, you need to learn the principles he used and adapt them to what you want to achieve. As they say - give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, you feed him for life.

Latest posts