Need Advise

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
My 12 yo son loves to cook. :D Now I have nothing against his cooking except for one thing.
He uses a ton of pepper in just about everything he cooks. It is getting so bad I can't eat what he cooks, and I don't want to hurt his feelings.

I have already told him to cut back on the pepper, but it is still too much for me.

What else can I do to get him to leave the pepper mill alone? :help:

dieselbeef":297x4ewx said:
mix somethin else into it to thin it out

That is genius. Try some black poppy seed in the mill mixed in.

Sounds simple, but from a father of 4 sons I know it is not. Just sit him down, in the kitchen, ... and tell him he is a great cook and you love his help ..... but not all of us love the amount of pepper he uses. "we can always add salt and pepper later in the meal if needed". The key to a good cook (He!!'s kitchen) is to be a good balanced cook. And tell him he should play with "little amounts" of rosemary, garlic, white pepper, cummin, onion powder and "CHILE POWDER" !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Have fun, men love to cook... not clean.

Alan

Thanks for the ideas.

Alan I really didn't know how to approach him on this because I had already had to talk to him about using liquid smoke in just about everything too.
He has made some really great dishes though and I just don't want to kill his enjoyment of cooking.
I did tell him that the seasoning was to inhance the flavor of the food not overpower it.
Will try talking to him again.

You certainly don't want to discourage him, however he does need to learn to moderate. Perhaps as a family sport, you could start rating each others meals (like being judged on Food Network), and everyone could give honest opinions. Better to speak the truth now than dilute his ingredients.

Do you have other children? When we were younger, my brother would have dang sure let me know when I added too much of something! Mama did too, though. We all have a vicious sense of humor.

Got an 8yo daughter, but she doesn't dare tell big brother she doesn't like what he cooked. :roll:

I luv herfrds":181wvpmj said:
My 12 yo son loves to cook. :D Now I have nothing against his cooking except for one thing.
He uses a ton of pepper in just about everything he cooks. It is getting so bad I can't eat what he cooks, and I don't want to hurt his feelings.

I have already told him to cut back on the pepper, but it is still too much for me.

What else can I do to get him to leave the pepper mill alone? :help:

Hurt his feelings?

Tell him the truth because eventually someone else will.

Bez+

Finally got through to him. *Whew*
Guess I did have to get pretty hard with him, but he understood.
He has been doing dinner since Sunday night. (I got laid up with a flu like illness.)
No pepper or liquid smoke in my food.

Latest posts