need a rops for tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

RAWCJW

Reaction score
My wife is growling that I need to build a R.o.p.s on my I.H. 706 Anyone have any plans or know where I can get some.

It will probably cost more but I'd go with one from a desler or aftermarket supplier. They have researched the steel and design and should have goo dquality control on welds and brackets.I'm not saying you can't do it but I'm thinking about the average persons engineering.Remember, its your LIFE or someone you care about and you can't put a $ amount on that.A good rops is cheaper than acasket.

I see them at farm equipment auctions often. A quicker, still reasonably priced, source would be a tractor salvage yard, Worthington, Wengers, etc. or there are a lot of mom and pop type outlets all over that would have something like what you are looking for. As a matter of fact, if you will pm me, i think my neighbor is dismantling an IH that has one on it.

WHen I was putting one on an old tractor the hardest part was trying to figure out how to mount one that wasn't designed to be mounted on that model tractor. Finally just built one that would fit.

dun

Thanks, I never thought of the salvage yards ther are a couple around here. What kind of price do they usually go for?

RAWCJW":3unq27pi said:
Thanks, I never thought of the salvage yards ther are a couple around here. What kind of price do they usually go for?

They vary of course, but in the neighborhood of $200.00

Should you decide to undertake this venture of building it yourself. PLEASE consult local steel dealer and have them ben the "U" for you, not an engineer, but I have been there before, We used AR-400 steel AR= Abrasive Resistant which means it's held to higher standards to pass inspection, no air pockets, etc. in it. This China steel, especially strap steel WILL have air pockets in it sometimes. I would check with http://www.wengers.com they had a couple a while back, just checked and don't see any BUT call them they have an awesome salvage yard and knowledgable parts people.

Our company manufactures custom ROPS bars and cabs for various equipment types. Drop me an email or call with your model number, EOM # and we can have you a quote in few days.

Christopher Lucy
Lucy-Dietzler Industrial
904 11th Street
Altavista, VA. 24517
(434) 942-3880

Latest posts