Need a recipe for homemade hash

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My mom use to make a great homemade hash. Run meat, potatoes, onion through a hand cranked meat grinder, fry it up, add fried eggs and toast. As I remember it was great .... But I can't seem to come close.

Any good hash recipes out there?

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":armsiqwe said:
My mom use to make a great homemade hash. Run meat, potatoes, onion through a hand cranked meat grinder, fry it up, add fried eggs and toast. As I remember it was great .... But I can't seem to come close.

Thanks,
Alan
That's about it. Use left over roast beef and make sure you cook it in bacon grease. YUMMY

dun":q2vmt0fu said:
Alan":q2vmt0fu said:

Thanks,
Alan
That's about it. Use left over roast beef and make sure you cook it in bacon grease. YUMMY

Well, I have failed at it twice, but have some left over chuck roast in the fridge, so maybe third time is a charm. Thanks Dun.

Alan

Alan":25nri3pw said:
dun":25nri3pw said:
Alan":25nri3pw said:

Thanks,
Alan

Well, I have failed at it twice, but have some left over chuck roast in the fridge, so maybe third time is a charm. Thanks Dun.

Alan
Don;t forget there has to be some fat in the meat or the stuff is dry as an old boot but doesn;t taste as good as the boot

Most likely the key is bacon fat or lard and maybe the frying pan and amount of heat to get that crispy burnt edge on them. lol

Really think our taste buds change too so things never will taste the same as we remember.

1982vett":11v1zzve said:
Most likely the key is bacon fat or lard and maybe the frying pan and amount of heat to get that crispy burnt edge on them. lol

Really think our taste buds change too so things never will taste the same as we remember.
Based on what my mpther passed of as cooking it's a good thing it doesn;t taste the same

dun":1dc3p6mq said:
1982vett":1dc3p6mq said:

Based on what my mpther passed of as cooking it's a good thing it doesn;t taste the same

Hmm...my mother was a great cook...so was grandma....only thing when grandma cooked it was like she alwasy thought there was only gonna be 2 oir 3 eating....you had to get it in a hurry or get left out.

TexasBred":yqv6uifh said:
dun":yqv6uifh said:
1982vett":yqv6uifh said:

Hmm...my mother was a great cook...so was grandma....only thing when grandma cooked it was like she alwasy thought there was only gonna be 2 oir 3 eating....you had to get it in a hurry or get left out.
We most times had plenty. May not be anything worth eating but it was food and nutritious. Maybe that's why she cooked so crappy, so there would always be adequate amounts to get your fill.

Latest posts