need a new dishwasher

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
Our dishwasher finally wore out. OK OK no jokes about my wife, she wore out a long time ago. Has anyone bought a dishwasher in the last couple of years. I need one that washes and dries, do not need all the other settings. Also would like one that is relatively quiet, that way I can hear the hogs rooting up my garden and the coyotes messing with the calves.

For my wife's birthday and Christmas present I re-outfitted the whole kitchen this year. I bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher and she really seems to like it. Its quiet as a mouse too. Even had trouble with her opening it in the beginning cause she thought something was wrong with it. (I installed it myself hence a possible reason for doubt) Supposedly this washer will wash anything even baked on macaroni as it has a whole bunch of jets. Don't know if this is true or not cause we are in the habit of rinsing everything first. It does have a lot of bells and whistles but you don't have to use them. Anyhow, she likes it and that's what matters.

We bought a new one earlier this year. We lucked out, the state of Missouri was giving rebates on energy star appliances, also the electric coop had a $75 rebate and the store had a 10% discount to go along with the state program. So we saved almost $300 altogether. I wanted a stainless steel tub; we have hard water and seemed like the plastic interior of the old one got dingy real fast. We got a Kitchenaid, it's quiet and has adjustable shelves where you can fit a lot of different stuff in it. Kenmore is made by Whirlpool, and Whirlpool has also bought out Maytag I believe. The Bosch ones are supposed to be real quiet and they don't have the heating element exposed in the bottom, they do some kind of steam-dry. I used to like Kenmore but after getting screwed over by Sears a few years back, they don't get any more of our money.

Our's died about 4 years ago. Rather than spend the money on something we didn't consider a necessity, we went back to using Dawn and a dish rag or scrubber sponge. With just the wife and I here most of the time it's not so bad but there are times we really miss it.

Latest posts