Need a couple work trucks...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I found this even though I hate chevy I am having problems finding old fords with the 7.3 in it and this is pretty straight forward. What would you pay for this ? Keeping in mind there is a 7%-13% buyers premium Just wondering what your thoughts are. I dont want to spend anymore than $3700 for this as i am not a big fan of chevy at all. I am going to try to hold out on the other truck till i can find a f250-350 with the 7.3

https://www.richmondaa.com/components/v ... s-pictures

I know being a Ford lover that mileage probably looks high to you but that's probably the lowest mileage I've seen on those model trucks. I think it would cost you around 5k here.

Craig Miller":2b1i1kbp said:
I know being a Ford lover that mileage probably looks high to you but that's probably the lowest mileage I've seen on those model trucks. I think it would cost you around 5k here.

:lol: no sir im use to fords going 400,000 +

Leaking intake gaskets are pretty common on that generation 350. Not very expensive to fix, but if they leak for very long they can fill the oil with coolant and ruin the engine.

Those had CSFI fuel injection that can become problematic with age. You can retrofit them to MPFI.

You have to try pretty hard to hurt the 4L80E trans in those. They'll go 300k behind a big block or 6.0.

Rear brake lines will commonly rust out near the gas tank as well.

A 350 isn't the best for pulling, but is a lot cheaper to keep running than a tired 7.3. A crate 350 and a set of 7.3 injectors are close to the same price.

My family as a whole probably had 20+ of them. All had 300K+ miles. My brother just bought a 96 a couple weeks ago with like 84K original miles for $4K.

You can put a transmission from gm with warranty in them for like $1500. A whole motor might be $3K.

I know it is standard up north. But that snow plow frame hanging out the bottom is a big turn off for me. I would keep looking for what I wanted.

Currently got a 97 3/4 ton similiar to what your looking at and sold a 96 3/4 ton a year or so ago. They are good trucks and hard to beat as a work truck. Buy it you wont regret it lol.

Well truck sold for 1700 however it didnt come home with me .. It had some tranny issues and was leaking oil pretty good and i wasnt going to deal with all that.. I will keep searching lol SD1030 is a good friend he offered me his for $500.00

True Grit Farms":22im03zg said:
I have a bid out on a 95 F250 4x4 gas I'll know in a few days if it's mine.

I think im going to try to get trucks back in that era but i hate fooling with those dual gas tanks and the issues they have sometimes.

Lol i hear sky on the $500.00. Good luck on your future truck hunting.

Farm Fence Solutions":t8t6yq5t said:
JW IN VA":t8t6yq5t said:
skyhightree1":t8t6yq5t said:
One truck down. 04 250 lariat hopefully I stumble across another like this 1
'04? Hope it's a gas model if it's a Ford.

You don't like a good ol' 6.Ohhhhhh? :lol:

Definitely a Gasser.. was a 1 owner truck where man took it to dealer for everything including wiper blades and bulbs super clean drive great etc

Latest posts