Neck Sweats

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeereboy

Reaction score
Just was looking in the Sullivan's website and looked at their neck sweats. Question 1-What do the neck sweats do? Question 2- Is it used for heifers or steers or both? Question 3- Does anyone have before and after pics of a calf they have used a neck sweat on?
Thanks

johndeereboy":1zr4bavp said:
Just was looking in the Sullivan's website and looked at their neck sweats. Question 1-What do the neck sweats do? Question 2- Is it used for heifers or steers or both? Question 3- Does anyone have before and after pics of a calf they have used a neck sweat on?
Thanks

1. Neoperene and Leather neck sweats are designed to sweat the water out of the dewlap under the neck and jaw..
2. Neck sweats are used on both to achieve the freaky neck(clean fronted) look.
3. i dont have any pictures but i can tell you what it looks like.. it really helps alot if you know how to use them....You can really mess up a calf if your dont know what your doing.We leave ours on for 48 hours and take it off for 24 hours and rinse down and use some conditioner.

i found an after picture of my simmy heifer. she is naturally clean fronted and very feminine so it doesnt do much good to sweat her.
n504483834_1576788_4053.jpg

n504483834_1459471_6583.jpg

Yes, they actually do work. I prefer the purple ones to the leather ones, as I'm always worried they'll get them hung on something and the leather won't tear or break away like the neoprene ones will. But like Snider said, be careful how you put them on, and take it off periodically and wash them down. The ones from Sullivan's do come with good instructions.

Thanks for all the help. So they do come with directions on how to use them? Are the neck sweats used as a short term thing or a long term? How long before a show do you put the neck sweat on?

The length we put them on before a show depends. Sometimes we travel to a show every weekend so IF WE SHOW SATURDAY we will put it on them on the monday before the show and leave it on until wednsday morning then take it off and put it on again Thursday morning and leave it on until saturday morning. Our calves travel with them on to the show and as we unload them someone takes them off and rolls them up.

Latest posts