Neat video as long as it's not you.

Help Support CattleToday:

I know less than squat about boating, but would he have been able to save that if he steered so he wasn't directly inline with the waves? Yeah, that brings up it's own dangers I'm sure too...
When in doubt, throttle out?

I've crossed a lot of coastal bars and coming in our tactic was to sit on the back of a big wave and ride it in. I can see in his case the pressure waves from the outgoing tide caused confusion as to where the ocean wave disappeared to. He should have powered ahead instead of waiting for the wave to overtake him. Fortunately he got out of it and help was close by. Great footage though.

Ken

wbvs58":j35f99sd said:
I've crossed a lot of coastal bars and coming in our tactic was to sit on the back of a big wave and ride it in. I can see in his case the pressure waves from the outgoing tide caused confusion as to where the ocean wave disappeared to. He should have powered ahead instead of waiting for the wave to overtake him. Fortunately he got out of it and help was close by. Great footage though.

Ken
Your dead on, he backed out of the throttle expecting the wave to wash under him. He's been going out that inlet for 40+ years without any major problems, he has one now.

I did get to see it, but it looks like they've removed the video now.
A thousand ways to get into trouble on the water........an it can happen in seconds..

The video is gone from Instagram now but I watched on another site earlier. Yes that was wicked looking and happened very quick. A decked over bow capable of shedding water fast would have made the difference. I know those boats are good riding sea boats but they can't shed water fast enough to suit me. But, You can go years experiencing every situation imaginable and think you are immune to real disaster when all the sudden when you least expect it, it happens. In 2010 I was hit by a rouge wave. It was fairly rough but from out of nowhere a mountain of water smashed all my wheelhouse windows which shorted all electricity. No navigation equipment, no radio or any type of communication. Even bent the steel in wheelhouse. $80,000 damage and 2 months lost work in 5 seconds.

At least he got to have his pants washed out before he reached shore

Latest posts