Near my place

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
The main road from my place after some rain a few months back. It got about 3 feet higher than this picture.
067.jpg

Wowza. So that is where all of our needed rainfall went.

As long as all is well Australian ,,thanks for sharing the pic.. Seems to me now that you have gotten the hang of posting pics we will see alot more, and I for one look forward to them.. :)

That creek is the start of the Cataract River which runs into the Clarence River which runs into the South Pacific Ocean or Tasman Sea. The Clarence River is almost a mile wide near to its mouth. It has the largest volume of water of any east coast river of Australia. The Cataract River runs through a fair bit of our country. Its has beautiful clear cold water. They are Sheoaks by the creek side with a few Willows along it as well. Not that many Eucalypts grow next to the creeks, they seem to like the drier parts. Down in southern Australia River Red Gums love having wet feet. Wattles and Myalls love to be in the sandy soil by the creeks and gullies These are Acacias and Melaleucas. Our area is beautiful more so when its green than when winter is upon us. It was 3 degrees celcius as I came over that bridge at 11.30 last night. We are just into Spring over here. Trees are flowering and new leaves are sprouting.After the downpour that covered the bridge I had a fair few fences to repair.
Colin

I have a dumb question but what is your norm lows for winter and what has been your lowest temp that you remember in winter ?

our usual winter lows are minus 5c but can get down to minus 15c. Our top summer temps can get to 38c, much higher out west and to our east. We are at 1,000 metres. A nice summer's day is 30c, but more often its about 28c. We have had very few frosts this winter just gone. About 30 instead of about 75.

This is a picture of the main gully that runs through our place. This was taken after about 3 inches of rain in late May this year. We pump from this to supply the cattle yards and our garden and sometimes the house. Its fairly reliable only once in the past 10 years I could only pump every two days, for a little while because the water wasn't filling the pump hole quick enough.We only have to pump about once a week depending on how many cattle are around the yards and how much water goes on the garden.
DSC00088.jpg

Jogeephus":js1c0347 said:
peg4x4":js1c0347 said:
I think no place looks like our preconcived otion of it. :D

I agree. Where are the kangaroos. :lol2:

Looks like some fertile soil. I like the rolling hills.
yeah like when I first saw America thought where are the Cowboys and Indians? :lol: + the skyscrapers. :oops:
and Colin where are the Cows, and Roo's??? lovely Country side looks a bit like England on a nice day.

In some of the pictures it looks like there are large rocks scattered near the gully. Are those rocks? If so what is kind of rocks are they?

Latest posts