Near my place

Help Support CattleToday:

That's impressive. Looks sorta like some granite boulders I've seen in the Carolinas that were supposedly left by glaciers.

These big rocks would have been the result of past volcanic activity. This big rock has about 10 to 20 others dotted around the edge of a small valley like area on our home block. The cattle often shelter in this area or often to calve. There would be about another 4 or 5 like this big rock. Here's a picture of where foxes hide beneath it.
099.jpg

Australian":1do14d6e said:
will post some more pics soon.

Please do. I never tire of pictures. Kinda like going to different parts of the world without leaving the house cause if you leave the house you know what your cattle will do. :lol2:

Good pictures. I have always thought of the land down under as being very dry or arrid, almost like desert. Those shots don't look too different than some hill country in North Mississippi. We don't have rock like that however. Thanks for the education!
Phil in Tupelo

Phil in Tupelo":27uxfae3 said:
Good pictures. I have always thought of the land down under as being very dry or arrid, almost like desert. Those shots don't look too different than some hill country in North Mississippi. We don't have rock like that however. Thanks for the education!
Phil in Tupelo
Ditto that.