Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent":kq3twlrh said:
Bright Raven":kq3twlrh said:
Son of Butch":kq3twlrh said:
what da he//
UMBC 74
Virginia 54

16 University of Maryland Baltimore County (I had to look it up) 25-10
crushing The number 1 team in the nation by 20 points!!!
I could maybe understand a buzzer beater........ but 20 F.N. points!?!

Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.

Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.

It made that bracket Kentucky is in a lot easier if you put value in the seeding process.

Bright Raven":2uzx9r2r said:
jltrent":2uzx9r2r said:
Bright Raven":2uzx9r2r said:
Maybe the ACC is not as good as they are advertised.

Virginia made history, but in a bad way. Probably be many years before it happens again.

It made that bracket Kentucky is in a lot easier if you put value in the seeding process.

Probably the same thing UVA was thinking until...

TennesseeTuxedo":2xx7nbw0 said:
Bright Raven":2xx7nbw0 said:
jltrent":2xx7nbw0 said:

Probably the same thing UVA was thinking until...

Yep. I think those lower to middle majors that win their way into the tournament - win for a good reason.

Son of Butch":3pcn6bqm said:
IF anyone ever complains about EPDs again by pointing to one individual calf they had as an outlier I guess pointing to March Madness NCAA brackets and this individual game works to explain the difficulty when variables are involved in Estimating Predicted Differences.
What you did the night before probably has more effect on performance than anything

Calipari can quiet complaining now about seeding, with no Arizona or Virginia to play. They make make it to the final 4.

Rank of upsets

16 UMBC - Historic, epic, massive

13 Buffalo - Big upset

13 Marshall - Upset

11 L-CHI - Upset because it's an 11 seed, but it's the MVC

11 Syracuse - Same, because it's an 11, but no surprise, it's why they play the game

3 of top 4 are from SOUTH region

Virginia was a bracket killer! Good news is everyone playing brackets had Virgina except for about six UMBC fans.

UMBC website crashed from volume of searches since their win.

An upset like that gives hope to every underdog in the tournament.
Especially Kansas State, they're thankful Virginia has been removed from their path and Hopeful UMBC is drained after
what probably was an epic celebration afterwards.

I guess a 16 seed beating #1 was bound to happen one day, but I'm blown away in the manner in which it happened.

Bright Raven":1pmo3do5 said:
SEC getting picked off. I thought Tennessee would go farther.
Me too...they missed Alexander the 6'11" center who was out hurt. He would have made a difference, but the other team was deserving and shot well.

jltrent":2aqnegbo said:
Bright Raven":2aqnegbo said:
SEC getting picked off. I thought Tennessee would go farther.
Me too...they missed Alexander the 6'11" center who was out hurt. He would have made a difference, but the other team was deserving and shot well.

Yes. He was the key to their team.

TennesseeTuxedo":1jo88x7k said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1jo88x7k said:
jltrent":1jo88x7k said:
SEC still looking like a powerhouse....

The tourney is young my friend.

ACC- 4 teams left
Big 12- 4 teams left
SEC - 2 teams left
Big 10- 2 teams left
Others- 1 team

Bought like normal.

About like normal? Where did that destruction of UNC come from? Texas A&M must have been hiding all year.

Latest posts