'Natural Horsemanship'

• All The Way "Yes"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes

• Total voters
I would think that I'm 80 to 90% natural horsemanship training. I guess to me it about understanding what makes a horse tic. But it's not to say I wouldn't stomp on a horse if they needed it. I don't look at natural horsemanship a "granola hippy" type of training, it's just more of looking for signals the horse is giving and building the horses confidence in themselves and trust in the trainer.

Hard to explain but kind of the tip of the iceberg.

Alan

I always picture tom dorrance in sandals and beads when i hear natural horsmanship :cboy: ive seen colts in the past forced to do somthing in pretty brutal ways you would here fellars say if he caint make him do it no body can. i believe if you can train a horse start to finish without much or anyharm to you both than thats about as natural as you can get

I know/knew a *%&$ that made BIG Money Teaching 'Natural Horsemanship'

On one visit to his place I knoted "T Post" marks around his Telephone Pole Lined Round Arena (with No Fence) and a Hot Wire near by - When I called him on it all he could say was "PPPPPPPPPP"

On a much later visit I knoted a Underground Electric Dog Fence System near by - - I was there to do a Working Dog Demo. again - I had an UDF Collor in the truck - Woundn't you know it went off as I crossed his Tele Poles.

I got into his tackroom to look at his saddles - there it was - a electric dog collor that was made to fit a Horses Neck!
All I could get out of him was more "PPPPPPPPPPPP"'s

I was never invited back :!: :cboy:

Latest posts