Native American Tobacco

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Just wondering... Does anyone on board buy and smoke cigarettes manufactured by Native Americans? For example, the Cherokee Nation manufactures cigarettes which are claimed to be additive and chemical free "natural" tobaccos that use "natural" cotton in their filters. Their reservation is in Oklahoma and their main store site is in California.

I'm thinking about getting some that have a "Texas Longhorn" logo on the package! Would be a nice touch to our Longhorn operation...lol.

Used to buy from a reservation in New York, but they weren't manufactured by Indians, just the popular brands. They don't pay taxes on them, so I saved about $10 a carton. Can't find the site on the web anymore, so I'm thinking someone shut it down. Illinois is cracking down on that type of thing because they're losing a lot of tax revenue, which I think is a bunch of bull. If they don't want me to buy out of state, then don't drive the price up so high with taxes.

The ones I used to buy were American Spirit. No preservatives and no burn accelerators. They were the best I have ever had but just a bit too strong. If you sat them down in an ashtray, they would go out.

backhoeboogie":3icen7mf said:
The ones I used to buy were American Spirit. No preservatives and no burn accelerators. They were the best I have ever had but just a bit too strong. If you sat them down in an ashtray, they would go out.
Sounds like the ones that I smoked from 1989 until I quit in summer 2005.I rolled my own, using Tops tobacco. The best tobacco I have ever smoked.