National Shows

Help Support CattleToday:

AAOK

Reaction score
My observation of the Show Board leads me to believe that the majority of the participants are in Texas, are showing American breeds, mostly steers, not too many heifers, and are doing most of their showing close to home. I want to know if many of you are in a breed association and go to the National Shows, such as Denver, Kansas City, Louisville, and your National Junior Shows that skip around the country.

I am a firm believer that the real value of the Show Ring is traveling as a family to the National Shows and representing your chosen breed. To me, it's the best family recreation on God's great Earth. :lol:

I am in the Piedmontese Association of the US and participate in the open shows at the World Beef Expo in Wisconsin, Georgia Ntl Fair in Perry, and the NAILE in Louisville. We have met some great people and have had some very positive experiences. We show heifers, bulls, and cows.
The exposure at these evevts benefits every breeder whether they choose to show or not. The Piedmontese are relatively new in North America and the shows have generated great interest by the folks coming thru the barns. Once they see them they want to know more and want to know where they can purchase in their area.
Anyone wanting more information can go to http://www.pauscattle.org

We show open Brahmans and Simmentals, and the "International" show for Brahmans is Houston. (As I believe most of the "earred" breeds is)

I wish I could take the time to go to Denver with some Simmentals, but right now that's not an option. Maybe some day! Our bull went to Tulsa and Denver in 2002.

We sell show calves also, and most of those make the major shows in Texas. We've only got one steer showing this year, the rest are heifers.

Ill be traveling around with me bull very soon going to major shows. I wont be leaving Texas, but a guy can do a lot of traveling here. Ill be off to Fort Worth on January 14, off to San Antonio on February 4, then the shows hit me at home with Houston on March 1. Later on in June/July the Texas Junior Brahman show hits Beaumont and the National Junior Brahman Show follows as soon as the state show lets out, also in Beaumont this year. Ill be very busy the next 7 months. Not to mention all the Fairs in between March and June that are quick one day shows. Im hoping all goes well, so far got Reserve at the one show Ive been to, only second to my bulls full brother. This bull also won Grand at San Antonio, so I think mine can do good. All I can do is work hard the next couple weeks and hope I do good.

my daughter is part of the TJLA circuit and we show almost every weekend at jackpot shows. we also do the TX major shows along with our junior nationals.

Latest posts