national shows

Help Support CattleToday:

showkid1200

Reaction score
okay i have a maine xroos heifer and i was wondering if there are any national shows out there where i could show a crossbred if so where?

Is she registered? If not, ask the breeder if you can pay to have him/her register and transfer the calf into your name. A registered heifer calf at 3/8 or more is eligible to show at all the National Maine-Anjou Shows. You might want to check the American Royal. I think they still have their Fancy Heifer Show which had a Crossbred division.

ok well her sire is paddy o'malley and he's 5/8 maine so does that mean shes got 5/8 maine in her to?

well it all depends what percentage the cow is. find out what percentage she is and calculate your fractions. simple math. your breeder you got her from should be able to tell you what she can be registered as.

showkid1200":22a08kdi said:
ok well her sire is paddy o'malley and he's 5/8 maine so does that mean shes got 5/8 maine in her to?

Assuming the cow is not registered, your heifer would be 1/4 Maine-Anjou. She could be registered by the breeder as a Mainetainer. I don't think they allow 1/4 Mainetainers to show, but I'm not sure. You can get all the facts from the American Maine-Anjou Association. http://www.maine-anjou.org

you will have to contact the maine anjou association to find that out. i know you must be a member before you can start registering her.

Texas26steerjock":nqnr4ch8 said:
they have to be a minimum of 25% maine to be registered as a maintainer. So a 1/4 maine would get it.

I know that a heifer may be registered as a Mainetainer at 1/4. I also know that Steers are able to show at 1/4 registration, but I think that Mainetainer heifers must be at least 3/8 to show.

Latest posts