National Debt

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":2vt7goel said:
TexasBred":2vt7goel said:
hurleyjd":2vt7goel said:
Jimmy Carter the sorriest President in history left Reagan 500 to 750 billion debt and it was going down. If you look back in history you will find that the debt has increased each year under all presidents since Reagan.
He also left him with consumer interest rates of 24% and a misery index of 19.75%. (unemployment plus inflation)

Here is a pretty good read if you are interested.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-a-lo ... 18868.html
Never believe the Huffington Posdt hurley.........Next you'll be telling me that Iran released the hostages because of the work of Carter...... :shock: :shock:

Margonme":7971tfwe said:
He is not solely responsible but deserves a lot of credit. If you remember, he and Newt Gingrich formed an alliance that worked very well. Newt was perhaps the most effective Speaker of the House in the last 40 years.

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT....i WAS GONNA JUMP ON IT AND SAID NO READ A LITTLE FIRST.
i REMEMBER THE CONTRACT WITH AMERICA...
NEWT WAS AN EXCELLENT SPEAKER AND LEADER...
I HOPE HE HAS A MEANINGFUL ROLE IN THE NEW ADMINISTRATION.

JMJ Farms":11clhupp said:
hurleyjd":11clhupp said:
There has been no attempt to pay the debt just like someone farming on credit, you start out with some equity and make a loss and cannot pay the banker. Banker looks over your balance sheet and says you still have plenty of equity we will just roll the interest in to a new note. This happens again and again and the banker calls you in and tells you he will have to foreclose on you. What option do you have none. Now it will be time to look for a job with millions of others. It is time to raise taxes and get the debt down.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but Hurley, you are correct. Almost. The problem with raising taxes is this. You've got to balance the budget first. If you take in 6 zillion dollars in taxes but you spend 7 zillion...... You're a zillion in the hole. If you raise the taxes to 7 zillion the following year and then spend 8 zillion you're still going backwards. There have to be some budget cuts first. Then we can address the debt once they figure out how to have a constant surplus. But as long as there are greedy people there will never be a substantial surplus. Someone will figure out how to steal it. And there will always be greedy people.

And if taxes are raised much more then even more people are gonna figure out they are better off not working.

THE SOLUTION IS EASY....WE NEED TO HANG A FEW CROOKED POLITICIANS....PUBLICLY ON THE NATIONAL MALL AND ONE IN THE CAPITAL OF EVERY STATE....

SOMEHOW THEY HAVE TO GET THE MESSAGE THAT THE PEOPLE ARE FED UP AND TAKING BACK CONTROL....

pdfangus":36yk2ydo said:
Margonme":36yk2ydo said:
He is not solely responsible but deserves a lot of credit. If you remember, he and Newt Gingrich formed an alliance that worked very well. Newt was perhaps the most effective Speaker of the House in the last 40 years.

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT....i WAS GONNA JUMP ON IT AND SAID NO READ A LITTLE FIRST.

I think Newt has more Presidential qualities than anyone I have seen in government.

pdfangus":10qwlgfq said:
JMJ Farms":10qwlgfq said:
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but Hurley, you are correct. Almost. The problem with raising taxes is this. You've got to balance the budget first. If you take in 6 zillion dollars in taxes but you spend 7 zillion...... You're a zillion in the hole. If you raise the taxes to 7 zillion the following year and then spend 8 zillion you're still going backwards. There have to be some budget cuts first. Then we can address the debt once they figure out how to have a constant surplus. But as long as there are greedy people there will never be a substantial surplus. Someone will figure out how to steal it. And there will always be greedy people.

And if taxes are raised much more then even more people are gonna figure out they are better off not working.

THE SOLUTION IS EASY....WE NEED TO HANG A FEW CROOKED POLITICIANS....PUBLICLY ON THE NATIONAL MALL AND ONE IN THE CAPITAL OF EVERY STATE....

SOMEHOW THEY HAVE TO GET THE MESSAGE THAT THE PEOPLE ARE FED UP AND TAKING BACK CONTROL....

INTERESTING COMMENT PDF....SHOULD THEY BE SHOT FIRST, HUNG AND THEN BURNED WHILE HANGING THERE OR JUST HUNG KICKING AND GASPING IN THE NORMAL WAY?

pdfangus":3jant6us said:
Margonme":3jant6us said:

I saw a debate from Canada right before the election. On the pro-Trump side they had Newt and some woman pundit I had never heard of. On the pro-Hillary side they had Robert Riech and a woman governor I had never heard of. Newt was very interesting to listen to, very intelligent, well spoken and got to the point.

The problem that we're having in Washington is that it's become You vs. Us. No one is friendly with each other. Nixon and Kennedy were said to have dreaded running against each other b/c it would ruin their friendship. That's how government gets stronger. Everyone may not agree, but if they do it with civility, things will get accomplished. The Ted Cruz's of the world are ruining Washington for everyone else trying to accomplish something.

Bestoutwest":2y4dd2gp said:
pdfangus":2y4dd2gp said:
Margonme":2y4dd2gp said:

I saw a debate from Canada right before the election. On the pro-Trump side they had Newt and some woman pundit I had never heard of. On the pro-Hillary side they had Robert Riech and a woman governor I had never heard of. Newt was very interesting to listen to, very intelligent, well spoken and got to the point.

The problem that we're having in Washington is that it's become You vs. Us. No one is friendly with each other. Nixon and Kennedy were said to have dreaded running against each other b/c it would ruin their friendship. That's how government gets stronger. Everyone may not agree, but if they do it with civility, things will get accomplished. The Ted Cruz's of the world are ruining Washington for everyone else trying to accomplish something.

Great point.

Sounds kinda sorta like ....Misogynist. ..marginalizing the female panel members that way..
:lol: :p

Yep, that worked out so well. JFK got killed and Nixon had to resign.
:hide:

I see no possible way that a conservative Republican can get along with a liberal Democrat. Just look at the abortion thread, and the protesting going on after the election. But the moderates from either party I can see them getting along.

It has gotten to a point in the country, in all areas of the country, that two folks, with differing opinions, can't have a civil debate....after a few seconds, one or the other will start screaming and shouting insults.

greybeard":2sknzdu2 said:
Sounds kinda sorta like ....Misogynist. ..marginalizing the female panel members that way..
:lol: :p

Yep, that worked out so well. JFK got killed and Nixon had to resign.
:hide:

1) It's not that I am marginalizing them, it's that one was from a major news network I don't watch (pick one, my cable package sucks) and the other was a governor from an eastern state. Without googling, can you name my governor here in Idaho, or Montana's?

2) JFK got killed because Oswald was nuts and Nixon, well Nixon just got caught doing what everyone else does.

Latest posts