Nathan's & Curtis franks recalled nationwide

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
In case you missed it. We actually got a pack of the recalled ones yesterday and just lucky to see it on the news.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2017/05/1 ... SsFdmjyvIU
recalled-Nathans-hotdogs.jpg

:lol2: :lol2: Or they didn't list stainless steel. I don't get the problem though because I am sure it was NFSA certified food grade stainless which costs just a tad more than regular stainless. You know, the other stainless that is not safe to use near food. :bang:

Thank goodness for the mennonites that make my hot dogs out of my beef.....in very small batches..
But still, any piece of equipment can have a problem, break down.....

Does stainless steel get picked up by metal detectors? Honestly, I don't know what kind of metal detectors the food industry has to have. With that kind of quantity going through it would seem like it would be possible to miss something.

I worked at Hines Nut in Texas on the packaging line.. everything went through a metal detector before bagging.. IF the sensitivity was turned up, it could detect metal DUST.. Perhaps the detector appeared to be malfunctioning and they turned the sensitivity down (would be a typical human reaction right?)

M-5":3q8ilj7h said:
Supposed to buy the red weenies anyway then you don't have to worry about such.

I've ate a bunch of them but can't do it anymore. I like the ball park beef franks.

My stomach has never been able to handle any of the processed meats like franks, hot dogs, baloney. By the age of 6, I would not eat those kind of foods. Over the years, I have tried again and again. Only to get severe acid reflux and acid indigestion. When I go through the part of the Kroger store where these foods are displayed. I notice I start pushing the shopping cart faster.

Bright Raven":33kw8hch said:
My stomach has never been able to handle any of the processed meats like franks, hot dogs, baloney. By the age of 6, I would not eat those kind of foods. Over the years, I have tried again and again. Only to get severe acid reflux and acid indigestion. When I go through the part of the Kroger store where these foods are displayed. I notice I start pushing the shopping cart faster.

That settles it, you are definitely an alien being.

Nesikep":172vjste said:
I worked at Hines Nut in Texas on the packaging line.. everything went through a metal detector before bagging.. IF the sensitivity was turned up, it could detect metal DUST.. Perhaps the detector appeared to be malfunctioning and they turned the sensitivity down (would be a typical human reaction right?)

I think you probably hit the nail on the head. I'd guess they were using 319 stainless with the sodium products and a detector can detect this. What I want to know is why the meat inspector didn't catch this. What are we paying him for? ;-) :lol:

Craig Miller":a2mvlsz1 said:
M-5":a2mvlsz1 said:
I've ate a bunch of them but can't do it anymore. I like the ball park beef franks.
Johnsonville Bratwurst $3.49 lb much better, I like their Beer Brats, but all are better than Nathan's or Ball Park franks

Son of Butch":22slg91j said:
Craig Miller":22slg91j said:
M-5":22slg91j said:
Johnsonville Bratwurst $3.49 lb much better, I like their Beer Brats, but all are better than Nathan's or Ball Park franks

Nothing can hold a candle to a good bratwurst and Johnsonville does a good job making them.

Was playing around the other day and experimenting with a binder and that could bind on a 7:1 ratio. For some reason I got the urge to substitute beer for water and one thing lead to another and I ended up binding a six pack of dark beer in 20 lbs of "bratwurst". The alcohol messed with the meat bind a bit so the texture was different but the flavor was really good and got a lot of compliments from those who like a good beer. I doubt this would ever catch on since freezing them is out of the question but it was fun and good.

Depending on the metal found, maybe they jsut were trying to put lead in peoples pencils.

Latest posts