NASCAR

Help Support CattleToday:

NASCAR is changing rules as they go to suit themselves. What they need to do is look at some of them caution flags for debris on the track.
They have rigged a few races that way I feel. People have been cheating forever.

haase":83dikok0 said:
I know that Gordon is in the chase, but it had nothing to do with what his teamates did on the track.

And Truex is out and I don't think he didn't do a dam thing wrong in my eyes.

Looks like two of MWR sponsors are looking over their relationship with Waltrip 5-hour energy and Napa, doesnt look like they were to happy after richmond either.Way to go Matt.

haase":3apqcpji said:
Looks like two of MWR sponsors are looking over their relationship with Waltrip 5-hour energy and Napa, doesnt look like they were to happy after richmond either.Way to go Matt.

Heck I missed it. Watched it til halted for rain then never saw when it was scheduled to come back on. Good to see Matt win.

Hope MWR runs their cars with slick hoods next year. NO major sponsor

That didnt take long, wonder if 5-hour energy will follow? Wonder of MWR understands how hard it is going to be to replace a sponsor like Napa, Like TB said they might have some slick hoods next year.

haase":96cv9w92 said:
Dun, I think that MWR brought alot of discrace to his team at Richmond and made Clint out to be something that he isnt,DaleJr could have done the same thing and Gordon would have been in the chase, Guess Hendricks has more class than MWR.

hmmmmm maybe more than MWR but still not an angel. Rick Hendrick is a convicted felon pardoned by Slick Willie just before he left office.

My comment had to do with the race at Richmond and Nascar, not tax evasion and something that happened over 12years ago, but whatever.

haase":28ogizyr said:
My comment had to do with the race at Richmond and Nascar, not tax evasion and something that happened over 12years ago, but whatever.

Tax evasion, throwing a race, spinning out....which one is the felony? Oh well, they only gave him 12 months home confinement and then the pardon so it's as if it never happened. Maybe he is an angel :mrgreen:

Never said he was an angel or anything else as far as that goes, just that the 88 could have done the same thing as the 15 did, to help his teamate at Richmond, guess I should have used the words smarts instead of class, because it was only used to comment on what happened on the track. :tiphat:

haase":1eot4b4c said:
Never said he was an angel or anything else as far as that goes, just that the 88 could have done the same thing as the 15 did, to help his teamate at Richmond, guess I should have used the words smarts instead of class, because it was only used to comment on what happened on the track. :tiphat:

haase a few years go remember Jr spinning out on purpose to avoid getting lapped....at least Jr. fessed up to it and took his penalty, fine or whatever they gave him. ;-)

TB, I know nascar has its faults, but what sport doesnt? If all sports were perfect we wouldnt have any thing to argue about, what fun would that be? I like watching two sports, Football,pee wee up to the NFL, Racing from local tracks up to Nascar, the only problem is when you get to the upper levels in any sport it all has to do with the money and things change, but ill keep watching them.

haase":39wi7qmf said:
TB, I know nascar has its faults, but what sport doesnt? If all sports were perfect we wouldnt have any thing to argue about, what fun would that be? I like watching two sports, Football,pee wee up to the NFL, Racing from local tracks up to Nascar, the only problem is when you get to the upper levels in any sport it all has to do with the money and things change, but ill keep watching them.

Oh I know that. BTW Ol' Matt smoked them again today. Glad it didn't have 5 more laps to or Rowdy might have caught him.

I thought that the Gibbs cars were going to be tough going into the chase, just not this tough,Matt really cant make up much ground when his teamate finishes behind him and Johnson close too. Im just glad that Matt is finishing first, and then to win on his 500th start, only one else that has done that is Richard Petty, pretty good company. :clap:

haase":208x2o0j said:
I thought that the Gibbs cars were going to be tough going into the chase, just not this tough,Matt really cant make up much ground when his teamate finishes behind him and Johnson close too. Im just glad that Matt is finishing first, and then to win on his 500th start, only one else that has done that is Richard Petty, pretty good company. :clap:

Yep...and some "friendly race tracks" ahead on the schedule. Just hoping "5 time" gets crumpled up a couple times in teh remainder of the season.

Let me preface this, I am not an avid NASCAR fan, more of a casual observer.

So, Junior has a fast car all weekend, he is the first car to take four tires in the last pit stop and within no time he runs down Jimmy - he looks like he has what it takes and then can't get around Johnson in the last few laps.

Was he being the "good team driver" and conceding the "max points race" to Jimmy?

I'd like to think not, but these points might just mean more to the 48 than the win does for the 88.

H and H":2fbhc9zl said:
Let me preface this, I am not an avid NASCAR fan, more of a casual observer.

So, Junior has a fast car all weekend, he is the first car to take four tires in the last pit stop and within no time he runs down Jimmy - he looks like he has what it takes and then can't get around Johnson in the last few laps.

Was he being the "good team driver" and conceding the "max points race" to Jimmy?

I'd like to think not, but these points might just mean more to the 48 than the win does for the 88.

H&H it does make a fellow scratch his head doesn't it. I wondered the same thing. But Jr. should be hungry for a win and even more hungry for a championship...only thing...he's already pretty much out of the running. In the back of my mind I keep saying "Hendricks group if capable of trying anythnig...maybe just a bit smarter and more sly than some of the others".

Latest posts