NASCAR

Help Support CattleToday:

Cmon TB, Lets hear it Truex is booted from the chase and Newman is in, Alot of respect is due to Nascar for doing the right thing, and a 300,000 dollar fine, this isnt F-1 Nascar made the right call. :clap: :clap: :clap:

haase":10ccuc4s said:
Cmon TB, Lets hear it Truex is booted from the chase and Newman is in, Alot of respect is due to Nascar for doing the right thing, and a 300,000 dollar fine, this isnt F-1 Nascar made the right call. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Howdy haase. Been out of pocket so just now saw this. I think Nascar did a good job trying to straighten this out. Just too bad Truex has to pay the price for what others did. I've always liked Bowyer too a lot of what happened I think was just some guys doing what they were ordered to do. No matter the outcome or who got fined the buck stops with "Mikey".

PS....was more happy to hear that Newman had signed 3 yr. deal with RCR.

Hard to believe that cheating to win or to get in the chase is that important. Cheaters and liars go hand in hand. It's pretty dang bad when you have to lose your self-respect and dignity for your teammate. For me it would be a job that needs quitting, it's hard to believe what a man has to do for his check. Some people will do anything for a dollar.

Highrit,you think that would be the way to do buisness with honesty,and I think this is going to cost waltrip more than the fine and loss of a spot in the chase, I dont think that Napa is going to think too highly of this either, so in the end waltrip will loose more than he could have gained. TB,glad to see Newman get in with a good ride, think anyone jumping ship and going to stewart/Haas will not do as good as if they would stayed in their ride that they have this year,[Harvick, Busch] Haas never even consulted Stewart about bringing Kurt Busch on the team and with Stewarts injury there will be problems there.

haase":1y22zhou said:
Highrit,you think that would be the way to do buisness with honesty,and I think this is going to cost waltrip more than the fine and loss of a spot in the chase, I dont think that Napa is going to think too highly of this either, so in the end waltrip will loose more than he could have gained. TB,glad to see Newman get in with a good ride, think anyone jumping ship and going to stewart/Haas will not do as good as if they would stayed in their ride that they have this year,[Harvick, Busch] Haas never even consulted Stewart about bringing Kurt Busch on the team and with Stewarts injury there will be problems there.

My understnading is that Tony was NOT in favor of releasing Newman, let along signing Busch but Haas simply told him to go along with it or take his toys and go home. The "Big Dog" wants his name on a car and IN victory lane regardless of the cost. Now how is that for an inflated ego? Almost as bad as Jerry Jones of the Cowboys.

TexasBred":2m6dexq2 said:
The "Big Dog" wants his name on a car and IN victory lane regardless of the cost. Now how is that for an inflated ego? Almost as bad as Jerry Jones of the Cowboys.

You hit the nail on the head there. There will be some flare ups at SHR next year.

And now there are questions bout Lagano being allowed to pass gilliland at hte end to get in the chase. I hope front row gets a real big check for it.

dun":21zgq5r0 said:
And now there are questions bout Lagano being allowed to pass gilliland at hte end to get in the chase. I hope front row gets a real big check for it.

Saw that a little while ago. Seems there was some real dealing going on between the Front Row car and the other team. Like "I'll do it but show me the money" !!!!!!!! At least ol' Jabbering Joey was smart enough to not say anything but then he may have just not had that channel in his radio.

dun":1otb77d7 said:
Gordon added as #13 on the 13th. Not bad luck for him obviously

I don't like the Chase, anyway. And all these contortions (the race at Richmond and NASCARS response) are because getting in the Chase is sooo important with sponsors. Like some wit said, if the France's ran NCAA basketball, we could look forward to the "Final 5".

john250":e6qn5rfv said:
dun":e6qn5rfv said:
Gordon added as #13 on the 13th. Not bad luck for him obviously

I don't like the Chase, anyway. And all these contortions (the race at Richmond and NASCARS response) are because getting in the Chase is sooo important with sponsors. Like some wit said, if the France's ran NCAA basketball, we could look forward to the "Final 5".
NHRA does the same thing, has for the past few years.

Not really sure what more nascar can do, they gave penaltys out to teams that they thought had something to do with helping someone getting into the chase,Jeff Gordon and no offense TB but Ryan Newmans chance of winning the chase are slim and none, and all the time the chase has been going on I have never heard that someone outside the chase would have won if it wasnt for the format, in fact dont really think anyone starting at the bottom of the chase has won either, is it about money,what sport isnt?

haase":26c76g8i said:
Not really sure what more nascar can do, they gave penaltys out to teams that they thought had something to do with helping someone getting into the chase,Jeff Gordon and no offense TB but Ryan Newmans chance of winning the chase are slim and none, and all the time the chase has been going on I have never heard that someone outside the chase would have won if it wasnt for the format, in fact dont really think anyone starting at the bottom of the chase has won either, is it about money,what sport isnt?
True except Newman can win it. Heck anybody can. If Newman can't I would love to see one of the Busch brothers win it. Amazing how many in the top 13 don't have a single win this year.

TexasBred":3not9g2h said:
haase":3not9g2h said:
True except Newman can win it. Heck anybody can. If Newman can't I would love to see one of the Busch brothers win it. Amazing how many in the top 13 don't have a single win this year.
When 3 drivers are pigs about it and hogged so many wins between them that doesn;t leave that many wins for others to get

Not saying that they cant win, its just going to be tough,last year Matt made the chase I believe in the last spot and a lame duck driver, thought his chances were between slim and none also,just saying that they need alot of :help:

haase":oc391quk said:
Not saying that they cant win, its just going to be tough,last year Matt made the chase I believe in the last spot and a lame duck driver, thought his chances were between slim and none also,just saying that they need alot of :help:
They need to hire MWR to do their strategy

Dun, I think that MWR brought alot of discrace to his team at Richmond and made Clint out to be something that he isnt,DaleJr could have done the same thing and Gordon would have been in the chase, Guess Hendricks has more class than MWR.

Latest posts