Names

Help Support CattleToday:

JB= Just Bull
JC=Just Cow
JS=Just Steer

@&#)%&%@)@&^%!!!!

Endora, after the mother-in-law witch on the series, "Bewitch".

BUTTHEAD (yes, I was shouting) seems to crop up frequently!

dun

I always treat a bull with respect so his name is Mr. Bull.

But I get more descriptive than the others. I call them red cow or black cow or maybe big red cow but at other times it is *^(%#@!!*& red cow or *^&(%##!@* black cow.

My cows get nice lady names. I have high expectations that they will live up to those names, too.

Steers have been Supper, Dinner, etc... Or, for the cantankerous ones: Soon.

Bulls get: Very Soon. :D

I have:

"Boss Cow"
"Moma Cow"
"Crazy Cow"
"14"
"287" and about 10 more that get called heifer. My favorite cows name is-- "Sandra, You Going Dancing?" Got that name from one of those Hannibal Lecter movies. :shock:

What ever my grandkids want.
Thats heifes or cows only.
Terminal calves must be named after cuts of beef. Seems heartless but they must learn the ultamate outcome.

I am one of those that lacks imagination. In the registered herd bullcalves obviously gets my prefix and the name of the sire plus the calf's herd ID. Heifers get the prefix, name of the dam plus herd ID.

My other half sometimes will give a special calf a nickname, but I'd rather go with the herd ID numbers.

Dot and Spot: mottle face twins
Double Dot: Dot's first calf
Smoke: a Red Angus with smoke color on it's face
Slot: has a tore ear
Beller Bucket: my last bull, because he was always bellering
Pumpkin: a red angus born on Halloween

About a third of my cattle have names

Some of our names are kinda nutty
Pinky and the brain..my husband was going through a phase! :lol:
Sussie, kally, snoopy,
tin gut...i'll let you guess why...she brought a good price and weight
phsyco, mona and cluck.
alfalfa from little rascals because of her hair
for the bulls we usually name them from the farms we bought them from. Except one got on our bad side...now... Mr. Poopoo Head. :)

most of our cows aren't named other than their number and the occassional $%&()^%$##@%

but we have a bobtail cow - her name is Bob
and a cow with polka dots on her face so she is Dot
our adopted orphan who was always starvin - his name is Marvin
and the youngest bull's daddy was from Casper Wyoming so his name is supposed to be Casper - but lately it has been A$$hole
(he was very naughtly the last time he was in the chute for wormer)

I don't name my animals but my wife does. She named our first Limo bull Fabio. Donkey is named Ace. (???)

Then there was the time I brought home the second Limo bull. My wife had some friends over when I took him to the pasture. I let him out of the trailer and he checked things out for a while and went to work - right there in front of the ladies. So her friends named the bull - Studley.

That's a great site. Usually we think up names as we are driving. It is a "T" year and it was a little tough coming up with fun names.

My son's heifer is named Ruby, but she answers to "Favorite" and her baby is Ruby Tuesday, but answers to "Baby Favorite" :D

One heifer we butchered was named Steaks.

A few of our favorites are missing...

"C.B." = for Coyote Bait (any little stinker crawling through a fence is named this)
"Veal" = for fence breakers, and rotten attitudes

...but you have posted many of the fun names that come to mind when things go a little differently than planned on sorting day :D

dun":cu41lciw said:

dun

That one crops up a lot here, too, although it's usually phrased in more colorful terms. :lol: :lol:

msscamp":3m63pt5d said:
dun":3m63pt5d said:

dun

That one crops up a lot here, too, although it's usually phrased in more colorful terms. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, there is usually a prefix or suffix to that name.

dun

Latest posts