Name your top 3 tractor attachments and why.

Help Support CattleToday:

gman4691

Reaction score
New here...just thought I would start a little thread. I have a John Deere 5520 Tractor (don't know what year). Been playing catch up on my Dad's place since he died last May. Perimeter fencing, cross-fencing, and currently about 20 cows, 10 calves, and 1 bull. My top three attachments over the past couple of years are: 1) a grapple for the front for hauling away brush I'm having to cut off of fences - I love this thing, 2) a bush hog, 3) near & dear to my heart - a home-made box (4'x4'x1') with an angle iron frame and 3/4" plywood floor and sides for hauling everything I need to clear and repair/restretch/replace fencing - can slide the back forks right under it through some short pieces of square tubing welded to the bottom, pick it up, and away we go (the missus called it a luggage rack. Honorable mention goes to a 200 gallon tow-behind sprayer (works off of PTO) that has been worth its weight in gold when the weeds start to show up - made a huge difference in the pastures last year. What projects are you working on and what are your favorite attachments that help you get it done?

grapple, Armstrong AG hay spear/ pallet fork combo and my sprayer. I don't use the sprayer but twice a year but it is one of those things that when you need to spray, you need it now and don't have time to wait for the custom sprayer to schedule.

Grapple, bucket, and bale spears.

I wasn't raised around FIL so when I first used one regularly I was amazed. Getting a grapple recently has just continued that.
With my situation and the sheer amount of brush I'm having to clear off of fences, my grapple has become my best friend...ha!

my bale spears I built to double as pallet forks, not exactly the same but haven't justified the extra $ yet. One spear has slight bend, makes pallet stabbing hard. Grapples and bushhog
Same here...using the front forks...also with one bent...not great for pallets but then I don't have to deal with many pallets. Does the job of moving the trough with salt/mineral blocks around from time to time.