name your breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Feedyard here - lots of commercial; mainly angus,brangus,hereford, and charolais

The cows are that famous breeding, "Out of sale yard by truck". Primarily English breeding as I generally don't buy continentals. It seems the majority of them have a white face, although there are very few straight Herefords. I breed them to black Angus or Simm/Angus bulls.

Favorite would have to be the Grey Brimmer just take to big a hit at the barn on steer calves.
F-1 Tiger most profitable cow there is followed by Brangus.
Hereford Bull has always been all time favorite.

Straightbred and purebred polled and horned Herefords for the last 18 years. Introduced a 1/8 Hereford, 1/8 Simmental, 1/2 Gelbvieh, 3/8 Red Angus bull this summer for some terminal crossing.

Raise registered Texas Longhorns, with an emphasis on structural correctness, thickness, and the show ring.

Ryan

I have Angus and Angus crossed cows and I use Hereford bulls. Been Grouping my calves in trailer loads and selling them off the farm to buyers.

My favorite is Gir, Brahman, Grey, Red, speckled doesn't matter what color. Next would be a toss up between the Beefmaster and Brangus.

Mixed Herd......Sired by a little of everything and probably dammed by everyone but me. Now crossing my mixture with murray grey and see which works best??? Then I will continue wth those only!

Mostly going with brangus but I run across a few good commercial buys from time to time.

i have been with charolais for twenty plus years. we expanded to simmental and angus five years ago. the show people like them for clubbys especially if they have white on there face. charolais have the capacity for feeding out and thats where our income lies there is no one better than the other different situations call for different cattle

We're still a work in progress, but the goal is to have a reg. red angus bull with a few each red angus, hereford, and shorthorn cows. We'll get red angus, red baldy, and red durham calves. Some calves we hope to market for club calves, some we hope to keep as replacements, and the rest we hope to sell as private treaty freezer beef.

Latest posts