Name the Donkey contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Not to steal thunder from the name the baby thing, which is cute, BTW. I don't know if I could trust you ruffians to name my infant, but donkeys, now that's another story.

I am getting a new herdsire to take the place of Gus, who is retiring. Not really, we are just swapping jacks with a guy in Sherman. Now, while I do not have a picture of this donk to post, he's 33" at the withers, all black except for his nose, which is kinda tan. We saw him last weekend.

I don't know his name, and I normally change them anyway, cause, donkey's don't give a care what you call them anyway. I once had a donk that the previous owner had named "Blake". Be for real. Don't give a preppie name like that to such a regal animal.

I usually use Bible names or names from literature. I have a Pearl and an Opal, also but I don't know if any good gem names for jacks.

I'm thinking Ezra or Julio. (I like the name.)

Longer names are welcome. Have at it.

Here's your chace to shine, ga. prime.

john250":333e9tfl said:
Like I said on the baby name thread, John is hard to beat. :welcome:

ANAZAZI perhaps; everytime you read my posts you think of a donkey!

alacattleman":3vsrbnpd said:

I like that. I have a donk that was sired by a red jack named Jubalee. I may use it. Good Civil War name. I could start a whole new donkey naming trend.

Honky Donkey. My husband would like it. I don't want anyone to think I was being Politically Incorrect... :oops:

Lammie":2oob9i3u said:
alacattleman":2oob9i3u said:

I like that. I have a donk that was sired by a red jack named Jubalee. I may use it. Good Civil War name. I could start a whole new donkey naming trend.

Honky Donkey. My husband would like it. I don't want anyone to think I was being Politically Incorrect... :oops:
make yourself happy too heck with what others thinks. it'll only make you sick pleasein' this one or that one ;-)

Y'know, Lammie, I think what you really have here is a "sponsorship opportunity". Put naming rights to the donk up for bids. Put a blanket over him and you have a billboard, perfect placement for "Crowders Donkey Feed" or "IronPeddler's Machines" or "Herfordsires Graphics", etc etc. Make the donk with the blanket your avatar and the sponsors message will be seen over and over to the highly desireable demographic here at CT.

dieselbeef":1eft06ml said:
stupid..wait til ya call it and the whole crowd comes

That is normally what happens... They really don't respect names. I've called them a lot worse.

BHB, very funny. I have accidently named donks twice after members of Steve's family, which bothered my FIL slightly. I should name him Kenneth, (FIL's name). He's the biggest jackass I have ever met. :D

Heard this for truth but you be the judge.Years ago had a big Baptist camp meeting and the mines shut down for it.Things went so well it lasted 3 weeks.The miners who had all gotten saved couldn't get the mules to work cause they had quit cussin ended up selling them all and got replacments.Like I said this was told as gospel.

Latest posts