Name that X breed ???

Help Support CattleToday:

tripil7z

Reaction score
Ok my friend works on a dairy. A Holstein dropped this a week ago. It's now my bull calf to raise. What do I tell others it is ? It's Holstein X _____________ ? Thank you for your comments.

Ernie

With Holstein in there it is tough to tell as they throw some crazy patterns when crossed up. That said when I first looked at the pic the white on his face reminded me of simmental.

novaman":3m14rltl said:
With Holstein in there it is tough to tell as they throw some crazy patterns when crossed up. That said when I first looked at the pic the white on his face reminded me of simmental.
you might be on too somthing, on second look he does have a little of the simm ear set,

novaman":275a069x said:

I thought the same thing,,,we have a simm cross cow that has nearly the same exact markings on her face too, pretty cool lol
l_2b6473df25644b11a3a2c32206ba307a.jpg

The thumbnail pic and the full size pic have different URLs. You've got to go to your album, click on the thumb so that it displays the full size image. Copy and paste the url of the full size image.

Looks like a simm marking, a dairy head and neck, and front legs look like beef bones from the angle.
Hmmm???

First pic I thought red Holstein. Doesn't appear to have white other then the head? You may have got lucky. :nod: crossed Red Angus maybe.

The back 2 hooves have white just above them. I'll post a side shot pic after work today. Yeah I may have got really lucky considering my friend is the foreman at the dairy and gives me bull calves and milk for free :cboy:

0043.JPG

0066.JPG

0025.JPG

0017.JPG

A Holstein cross? You sure? Sure looks a lot like a Red Angus-Jersey cross to me.

Ok I've spent the last 20 mins tring to full size my pics !!! I copied and pasted the full size URL and nothing. Anyways thank you for doing that.I just got off the phone with my friend and he's 100% that the dam was Holstein. The Sire on the other hand is a mystery. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and comments. So far Red Angus ,and Simm is the best possibility.

Latest posts