Name that Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

branxchar&charx

Reaction score
Hello all! Been a long time since I logged in, took a break, and started lurking again. My brother in law and I bought a few head of cows, a box of crayons really, but this cow has become my favorite, but I am not sure what her is in her woodpile. Her name is Claudia.lol
Hopefully, posting the picture actually works. Here goes...
Cow 524.jpg

I wouldn't care if were mine. although I am inclined to ask did it raise a calf this year?

She's a nice looking cow. I'd guess red angus with a touch of ear in the woodpile maybe.

Hello all! Been a long time since I logged in, took a break, and started lurking again. My brother in law and I bought a few head of cows, a box of crayons really, but this cow has become my favorite, but I am not sure what her is in her woodpile. Her name is Claudia.lol
Hopefully, posting the picture actually works. Here goes...
View attachment 2400
Red Angus x Tarentaise (just to be different)
The game is more fun when there is a correct answer.

Wait - pink nose - red angus x with a touch of charolais - red poll

Last edited:
I'm thinking she might be some variation of a Brahman x Limousin. When I was a teen, there was a herd of Brahmousin cattle not too far from here. That cow really reminds me of them, although I never really could get much of a look at them as it was mainly their rears and tails I could see as they running away.

Thanks for the replies thus far. My first guess was a Red Angus cross with a touch of ear. No idea why I did not think of a Limo cross but definitely see it now, especially considering I have several others with obvious Limi influence. I wish I had an exact answer but unfortunately I do not.
She did raise a calf last year but I did not get her and the others until January of this year. She is springing now, so excited what kind of calf she will raise; that will determine if she remains a favorite.lol

Thanks for the replies thus far. My first guess was a Red Angus cross with a touch of ear. No idea why I did not think of a Limo cross but definitely see it now, especially considering I have several others with obvious Limi influence. I wish I had an exact answer but unfortunately I do not.
She did raise a calf last year but I did not get her and the others until January of this year. She is springing now, so excited what kind of calf she will raise; that will determine if she remains a favorite.lol
I bet she does a great job.

Latest posts