Name that Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

cant see the left one good enough to really guess, need a better side shot of her and a good shot of her head. possibly limousin in her judging by her hair and color only. the other one looks like a red brangus to me. could be a gert though. the one in the back by the postwagon is definitely a gray brahman. check out those ears!

I'm guess the one on the right is at least part Santa Gertrudis and the one on the left has some Limo blood flowing through her.

I knew Angus breeds are polled. Are Santa Gertrudis and Limo breeds polled as well or is that something that was probably cross breed into them?

The larger one looks like Gert or Beefmaster influence. Both of these breeds come polled or horned. Could have an Angus sire?? The smaller looks like a Limousin influenced heifer.

The one on the left is definitely Limo.

The one on the right could be a Limo/Beefmaster cross. I have several that look just like her. Beefmaster bull/Limo Cow.

Your question about Limo's being polled...not all are polled.

Beefy":x9tni304 said:
cant see the left one good enough to really guess, need a better side shot of her and a good shot of her head. possibly limousin in her judging by her hair and color only. the other one looks like a red brangus to me. could be a gert though. the one in the back by the postwagon is definitely a gray brahman. check out those ears!

Not a brahman:

notabrahman.png

;-) :p

The female on the right looks like a Tuli heifer. The other female looking at her hair, light color around her eyes & nose most likely is a Limousin cross.

mgman":1q3o7b1e said:
I'm guess the one on the right is at least part Santa Gertrudis and the one on the left has some Limo blood flowing through her.

this would be my guess as well.

jmo

jt

txfishing":9wdh7pmb said:
I knew Angus breeds are polled. Are Santa Gertrudis and Limo breeds polled as well or is that something that was probably cross breed into them?

There are both polled and horned Gerts ans limos. In gerts it isn't all that new since we used a polled Gert bull in 1980.

dun

hmmm....not quite sure. But I think the one by the trailer looks closely related to my brother-in-law! :lol:

Latest posts