Name change at tsc

Help Support CattleToday:

All that sheet is made in China anyway...mite as well go to HF and get it half price. I have several DeWalt tools and everyone of have made in China on them. They do seem pretty good though.

msplmtneer":1pv8y98c said:
I think that Dewalt and Porter-Cable are owned by the same company :tiphat:

Yes sir, both owned by Stanley-Black and Decker.

I think right now Milwauke makes the best tool of them all. I buy an industrial grade at the wharehouse. Just recieved my 3rd hammer/driver drill, 2nd sawsall, and 5th or 6th battery. All replaced under warranty.
This is over a period of about 5 years. I know for some of you'all that may seem like a lot of breakdowns, but these tools are used all day, nearly every day. I have used every major brand of battery tool, industrial grade if they make them, can't beat this warranty.
BTW, it's been dam hard to retire. Drought here, people just keep calling and I care about their problems. Hard to say no to a 35 year customer when no one else knows how to help them. gs

Miwluakee is also owned by someone else....something called Techtronics. They also own Hoover, Oreck, and DirtDevil (yes, the vacuum cleaners), Ryobi and several others.
Full list:

By Brand
MILWAUKEE
AEG
RYOBI
HOMELITE
EMPIRE
STILETTO
HART
HOOVER
ORECK
VAX
DIRT DEVIL

(some of those, I never heard of)

http://www.ttigroup.com/en/our_brands/by_brand/

I have used dewalt for years but I think there stuff isn't as good as it used to be. I always have problems with there drills. I can't keep the chuck tight

plumber_greg":67o2yfdh said:
Hard to figure Ryobi owns them. That is the junkiest tool there ever was. Interesting. gs
i probably wasn't very clear in my other reply. I don't think ryobi owns milwaukee. Ryobi is just one of the companies Techtronics owns, but you are right...Ryobi is getting pretty close to the bottom of the quality barrel.

i have both Milwaukee and dewalt tools. I think they both are great.

I have one of the Dewalt 20 volt brushless drills.....its a hoss.

i just bought the big 220v porter cable at my TSC on clearance for$399 . Dont shop air compressors but figured good enough deal . manager said porter cable is out and dewalts are coming in

I use Mainly Dewalt tools. Usually all day every day. Have had a few issues with drills over the years but we run them really hard. Bought a Dewalt 20v impact gun last year. I would have never believed how strong it is if someone had of tried to tell me. It is a beast and I'm very impressed. The only tool that I've had a lot of issues with are my Senco nail guns. I have 6 just so we can keep 2 running. We keep at least one or two at the repair shop all the time. But we are hard on them. With all that being said, based on what I hear I think Milwaukee probably makes a better tool. I use the brands that the local builders supply sells bc it allows me to be able to get them worked on if I have a problem.

My new dewalt chop saw came in. Our service awards from the company are now Amazon points. So I got the chopsaw.

It uses yet another sized Allen wrench. If you have 8 dewalt power tools on the welding trailer, you're gonna need a different Allen for each one it seems. I like dewalt, but they are not as convenient as they could be.

Latest posts