NAIS eartags??

Help Support CattleToday:

grand chaser09

Reaction score
has anyone else heard of these? do you know if its going to be a law to have them? will you have to put them in show calves ears too?

I highly doubt that it will become mandatory for show cattle. You might have to have one available in case he/she sells. may have to have documentation. This tag is suppose to be a compliment to the RFID tags. Either/Or..
It is very possible that they will come up with an RFID chip that can be implanted for thsoe who do not want any thing hanging off the calf for cosmetic reasons.

If the NAIS tags are the same as our NLIS tags than yes the tags go into everything that leaves your property. Here in Australia if cattle are sent to the saleyards without their nlis tag than they don't get sold there was a local that refused to tag his cattle the saleyard workers just turned the cattle around & run them back onto the truck. Same as showing no tag no show

oh ok. because we got a letter statin that the florida ag commisioner has already put one in all of his animals. just wondering about it but like red bull breeder said they can't force us.

In Alabama you cannot show a steer in major shows without a tag in his ear. Thats not the case with heifers but it is mandatory with the steers. They also forced anyone that had a junior showing cattle to get a premise ID. I didnt have one but when my daughter started showing I was forced to get one. Just one more way they are trying to put the whole ID thing in place nation wide. IMO it will be hard to make everyone comply but when the start denying you to sell cattle at the stockyard without a tag and if you dont have one in your cattle they will put one in and charge you for it then we will all be forced to comply with the program.

Circle H Ranch

well last night i guess i kind of got my answer. for all exibitors next year at our fair you don't have to have one of those ear tags but you do have to be regitered for some card? idk what kind it is i can't show there next year so im not worried about it right now. but when you get the card there's a waver you have to sign with it saying that all drugs are out of your steer the day it goes to any show. which we already have to sign a paper stating that at final weigh in.

The thing is for farmers and ranchers to stick together. when they run out of beef to buy they won't care if they have the tags or not. Saw something like this in the logging industry few years back with the por logger program here in Arkansas, the mills were not going to buy your logs and pulp wood if you had not did not take the pro logger couarse. When the mills ran out of wood they bought from any body that had wood to sell.

Latest posts