Nacogdoches

Help Support CattleToday:

sam

Reaction score
A man and woman from up north were on vacation driving through the south. They passed a highway sign that said "Nacogdoches" 20 miles. They got to arguing over how to pronounce Nacogdoches, so the husband said that the first place he come to in Nacogdoches, he was going to stop and ask how to pronounce it. Upon arriving at the first business the husband stopped, he and his wife entered the business and approached the cute little blonde. The husband asked the blonde, "Very slowly, can you please tell us where we are." The blonde replied "Burrrrrrrrrr Gerrrrrrrrrr King"

Very good, just wait until they get to Mexia.

sam":gminb52q said:
A man and woman from up north were on vacation driving through the south. They passed a highway sign that said "Nacogdoches" 20 miles. They got to arguing over how to pronounce Nacogdoches, so the husband said that the first place he come to in Nacogdoches, he was going to stop and ask how to pronounce it. Upon arriving at the first business the husband stopped, he and his wife entered the business and approached the cute little blonde. The husband asked the blonde, "Very slowly, can you please tell us where we are." The blonde replied "Burrrrrrrrrr Gerrrrrrrrrr King"

Yep...can tell a true Texan who can correctly pronounce Nacogdoches, Mexia, Luckenbach, and all of our unusual town names. By the way, years ago when I lived in Illinois as well as "did time" in the good ole Army in Louisiana, there were some town names only the "locals" and informed outsiders could pronounce. These were:

• Pisgah, IL., Nachitoches, LA., Oppelousas, LA

and, others...lol

Running Arrow Bill":1cicdjk4 said:
Yep...can tell a true Texan who can correctly pronounce Nacogdoches, Mexia, Luckenbach, and all of our unusual town names. By the way, years ago when I lived in Illinois as well as "did time" in the good ole Army in Louisiana, there were some town names only the "locals" and informed outsiders could pronounce. These were:

• Pisgah, IL., Nachitoches, LA., Oppelousas, LA

and, others...lol

You know that the story goes that two indian brothers had a spat and parted ways to start their own tribes. They formed the Nacogdoches and the Natchitoches tribes. Each of the cities are the oldest in their respective states. Nacogdoches in Texas and Natchitoches in the Louisiana Purchase. I ranched in Keatchie, LA, another name hard to pronounce. (Key-chi)

There is a town near me in Ohio named Ghaneadenhuten. Try that on for size. HA HA

Latest posts