N Bar Prime Time

Help Support CattleToday:

slim

Reaction score
Anyone used N Bar Prime Time(ABS), he appears to be a good bull for calving ease,maternal traits and marbling. I am thinking of using him on cows to reduce frame and increase fleshing ability. Any suggestions?

one of our best herd bulls is out of a Prime Time Daugther. Our herd bull's progeny IMF ratio has been 115, and his own IMF ratio was 132, UREA 104 against 185 contemporaries. They will be moderate framed, and easy fleshing, just like they represent him to be. Calving ease should not be a problem. I would use with confidence. Just my opinion FWIW.

I don't know about the N Bar bull, but Gardens Prime Time has been a pretty good cow maker. I bought a group of heifers bred to him a couple years ago that are really good cows. I was a little nervous since his ww and yw epd were a little low, but the cows produced pretty good calves and a nicely uddered, moderat cows.

I asked our ABS rep about him last year and was told they couldnt get any semen on him, she didn't know why, or if it was a permanent situation, or not.

Jason W":vty1ksyi said:
I asked our ABS rep about him last year and was told they couldnt get any semen on him, she didn't know why, or if it was a permanent situation, or not.
Are you talking about Gardens Prime Time or N Bar Prime Time?

I haven't talked to my ABS rep. lately but they do have him listed in the Fall 2006 Profit Power. He's priced at $22 Canadian with volume discounting available.

Latest posts