Mytty In Focus

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I ordered 5 straws of Mytty In Focus semen from ABS last month. I am going to A.I. 5 heifers in a few days. This will be my first shot at having beef cattle A.I.'d. I took a pic of three of the heifers a few weeks ago. How do ya'll think the offspring will look? The other two heifers look about like the second photo but I didn't want to walk over and take their pic that day.

heiferred.jpg

heifer55.jpg

heiferbwf.jpg

Calves shoud come easy. Should be small framed. They will have fairyl good performance but may be a little short legged. Depending on ther dams they can be thick as a truck or not have much thickness at all. In Focus is an excellent choice for breeding heifer, and has very accurate calving ease that will show at calving, barring the heifers are of adequite size.

The heifers will average about 750 to 800 pounds at breeding. They will be 14 to 16 months old at breeding.

those are some nice looking heifers hoss.should throw some nice calves.hope they all settle to AI.

bigbull338":y2zjg4pm said:
those are some nice looking heifers hoss.should throw some nice calves.hope they all settle to AI.

Thanks bigbull338. I wanted to use a proven bull and I have seen several In Focus calves at bull sales and they were pretty impressive. While I am not looking to keep a bull out of these heifers I may be interested in keeping any females that strike my fancy. I have liked
everything that I have heard regarding In Focus and calving ease which helps my frame of mind when it comes to heifers.

HOSS":1fjg2mxk said:
edrsimms":1fjg2mxk said:
We use MYTTY a little bit on PB Simmental cows. His calves are ok. A better bet for Angus -- to me-- is Objective or for heifers in this case Blue Moon 4407M. http://www.rabrownranch.com/Semen/Blue_Moon.aspx

Thats a right smart looking bull. I have never seen him before.
Yeah --- that Bull just came online this year as he has not been available for public purchase of semen until 2009 --
Just a good tip Im passing through the Mill

HOSS":255hi9d3 said:
I ordered 5 straws of Mytty In Focus semen from ABS last month. I am going to A.I. 5 heifers in a few days. This will be my first shot at having beef cattle A.I.'d. I took a pic of three of the heifers a few weeks ago. How do ya'll think the offspring will look? The other two heifers look about like the second photo but I didn't want to walk over and take their pic that day.

Frankly, MIF doesn't have enough frame for me. I would expect that the heifers will calve easily and the calves will get up and nurse. Good luck with them.....

Frankie":41x6ns37 said:
HOSS":41x6ns37 said:

Frankly, MIF doesn't have enough frame for me. I would expect that the heifers will calve easily and the calves will get up and nurse. Good luck with them.....

Thanks for being frank Frankie :cowboy: Since my day job is starting to take much more of my time I am leaning toward very easy calving on heifers cause i dont have as much time to keep an eye on them. I liked MIF's spread on numbers from low BW to heavy weaning and yearling. Right now I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds and a live calf too.....we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts