Myrtle Beach

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
So the wife and I are going to MB for a few days in September. We are going to be staying at a resort right in the middle of MB on the beach. Any recommended seafood places? I prefer the more quaint type and not the glitzy chain places.

South Carolina the only southern state ive never been to... did talk to a dealership parts man a couple weeks ago.. they speak a different kinda southern then we do. words kinda ran together :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3j2fap3a said:
SouthCarolinatheonlysouthernstateiveneverbeento... didtalktoadealershippartsmana coupleweeksago.. theyspeakadifferentkindasouthern thenwedo.wordskindarantogether :cowboy:

As if your's don't... :roll:
:D :D

TennesseeTuxedo":1bv8oj2g said:
ALACOWMAN":1bv8oj2g said:
no, it went something like this...we sho'n a pot you got in stock woodju check it fo us

I'm originally from North Carolina and I think what he was saying is "we are showing a part you got in stock, would you check it for us?"
yes thats what i got from it.. :cowboy:

A couple of miles south of MB is a place called Merrell's Inlet (sp). I got some great seafood at one of the places there a few years ago.

There is a state park a couple of miles south of Merrell's Inlet that has miles of uncluttered beaches, and crocodiles.

Can't remember the name of it (might be Calabash). It had a great big Dolphin Statue outside. Real good buffet with all you can eat crab legs.

ALACOWMAN":2971r85d said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2971r85d said:
ALACOWMAN":2971r85d said:
no, it went something like this...we sho'n a pot you got in stock woodju check it fo us

I'm originally from North Carolina and I think what he was saying is "we are showing a part you got in stock, would you check it for us?"
yes thats what i got from it.. :cowboy:

I also speak fluent "jive" if you ever need assistance.

There are some good places down in Murrell's Inlet. It's a few miles down the road from Myrtle Beach, but some of the places there get fresh seafood brought in. It's not quaint, but I always heard Drunken Jack's was good, but the wait was always too long for us to go there. GhostShip is pretty good if it's still there and you like Calabash type seafood.

A.J.":38u3pdev said:
There are some good places down in Murrell's Inlet. It's a few miles down the road from Myrtle Beach, but some of the places there get fresh seafood brought in. It's not quaint, but I always heard Drunken Jack's was good, but the wait was always too long for us to go there. GhostShip is pretty good if it's still there and you like Calabash type seafood.
Somebody else also mentioned Drunken Jack's as well as the Calabash buffet. I'm not a big buffet guy......if I'm paying I want it brought to me by a waitress or waiter that I tip. If I have to serve myself I don't tip :cowboy:

A.J.":1neff4ij said:

Ditto that! Boats come in there. Things have probably changed since I've been there but you should find a good restaurant around this area.

I like the restaurants in Murrell's Inlet, Drunken Jack's is my favorite. You can go downstairs and outside the bar is a walk that goes a long way down the Inlet. There are several restaurants along the walk. There is also a Brazilian steakhouse around the Hard Rock Cafe and all that mess, but it's very pricey and don't eat all day if you are going there. We are going during the labor day holiday, wife's idea not mine.

f150fatboy":m7j3mb7t said:
I like the restaurants in Murrell's Inlet, Drunken Jack's is my favorite. You can go downstairs and outside the bar is a walk that goes a long way down the Inlet. There are several restaurants along the walk. There is also a Brazilian steakhouse around the Hard Rock Cafe and all that mess, but it's very pricey and don't eat all day if you are going there. We are going during the labor day holiday, wife's idea not mine.
I will be there Sept. 12th - 15th. I'll use you as the guinea pig.......pm me when you return and let me know if you discover someplace that would get 5 stars from you.

If you go north to Calabash try Colemans or Becks. These were two sisters who started the original Calabash style seafood. One married a Coleman and the other one a Beck. If you go south to Murrils Inlet try Lees Family seafood. It is a diner looking place on the right past Drunken Jacks. For any of these get there at 4:30 for supper or expect to wait an hour or more. I ate at Lees last month and it was really good. I got fried oysters, popcorn shrimp, and scallops.

hillbilly beef man":1xqwexhx said:
If you go north to Calabash try Colemans or Becks. These were two sisters who started the original Calabash style seafood. One married a Coleman and the other one a Beck. If you go south to Murrils Inlet try Lees Family seafood. It is a diner looking place on the right past Drunken Jacks. For any of these get there at 4:30 for supper or expect to wait an hour or more. I ate at Lees last month and it was really good. I got fried oysters, popcorn shrimp, and scallops.

That's the ones. Man you are bringing back memories. Granted they are dull and blurry and hazed with alcohol but good memories nonetheless.