Mycoplas

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your input Vicki. All help appreciated! I am using LA 200 along with Micotil and seem to be getting good response. My next question is how do I prevent the sudden deaths from the abcessed lungs that Mycoplasma inevitably causes in some calves? Considering selling the pen and letting it be someone else's problem. I am at my witts end. Calf will look great one day and be dead the next. I will post the calf and find quarter sized abcesses. The lung will have the pneumonic portion walled off so the drug therapy worked.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

To be honest, I don't have any magic formula to prevent abscesses from breaking. I'm not into feeding antibiotics, but this may be the case here...ask your vet their opinion on this. Yes, micotil and LA both will work on mycoplasma, but once abscesses are formed, it's tough to predict who and when will be next....Good Luck. If they're close to finishing, I'd keep feeding them out (don't send the problem on to another sucker)if not, well, it's hard to say....Have you thought of red veal?<br>Vicki
<br>

To be honest, I don't have any magic formula to prevent abscesses from breaking. I'm not into feeding antibiotics, but this may be the case here...ask your vet their opinion on this. Yes, micotil and LA both will work on mycoplasma, but once abscesses are formed, it's tough to predict who and when will be next....Good Luck. If they're close to finishing, I'd keep feeding them out (don't send the problem on to another sucker)if not, well, it's hard to say....Have you thought of red veal?<br>Vicki
<br>

Latest posts