my wife the cattle woman

Help Support CattleToday:

xbred

Reaction score
last february my trusted hereford bull, Belezar(that my wife picked out and named) was turned into the herd...i noticed several cows came in heat after they were bred...i had the bull checked out and though he wasn't totally sterile, he was not very potent...i shipped him and got another ...long story..my wife griped about my selling "her bull"...well i am the "cattleman in my house!"...needless to say the first seven calves have white faces and rings around their eyes just like their pappy, Belezar, and i havn't heard the end of it yet....

Heck I have heard about my mistakes for years - I think they will likely continue.

Bottom line is she put up with me for a long time now - and I am a tough nut to live with - so I tolerate the old girl's beaching and moaning. I usually have to tell her to take some aspirin and stop complaining about her aches and pains - if she would just get more exercise these little aches and pains might get worked out.

After all she is the one that does the fencing and the feeding and the snow plowing and the doctoring and the weaning and the sorting and the haying and the planting and the grass cutting and the gardening and the house, shop and barn repairs - plus all the wood cutting and splitting - but I did buy her a gas powered wood splitter for her birthday - she is slowing down and bit and I was worried she might not get the winter supply done in time. I even sharpen the chainsaw blade for her when I get a few spare minutes in my busy day.

Then she does the cooking and the cleaning and the "look after the kids" thing and then she goes to work and brings in a little cash as well.

I usually have to yell at her to come to the house and fetch me a beer because she is always doing something other than waiting on me - as any good wife worth her keep should be doing!

But she fetches the beer and feeds me with not too much complaining - so I let her sleep in the MASTER (not mistress) bedroom - just to keep her happy. And I put in a spare bathroom with cold running water in the basement.

I figured she was getting old enough she did not have to go to the little house out back in the winter time. If she works a little over time this winter and brings in a little extra cash - I will buy her a hot water tank for Christmas - that should make her real happy. Merry Christmas my darling wife!

Hey we all make mistakes. I just think you need to tolerate your old girl - she will let up eventually.

My best - now have her bring you a little refreshment and a nice sandwich.

Cheers

Bez+

Bez+":3vrcw7q8 said:
Heck I have heard about my mistakes for years - I think they will likely continue.

Bottom line is she put up with me for a long time now - and I am a tough nut to live with - so I tolerate the old girl's beaching and moaning. I usually have to tell her to take some aspirin and stop complaining about her aches and pains - if she would just get more exercise these little aches and pains might get worked out.

After all she is the one that does the fencing and the feeding and the snow plowing and the doctoring and the weaning and the sorting and the haying and the planting and the grass cutting and the gardening and the house, shop and barn repairs - plus all the wood cutting and splitting - but I did buy her a gas powered wood splitter for her birthday - she is slowing down and bit and I was worried she might not get the winter supply done in time. I even sharpen the chainsaw blade for her when I get a few spare minutes in my busy day.

Then she does the cooking and the cleaning and the "look after the kids" thing and then she goes to work and brings in a little cash as well.

I usually have to yell at her to come to the house and fetch me a beer because she is always doing something other than waiting on me - as any good wife worth her keep should be doing!

But she fetches the beer and feeds me with not too much complaining - so I let her sleep in the MASTER (not mistress) bedroom - just to keep her happy. And I put in a spare bathroom with cold running water in the basement.

I figured she was getting old enough she did not have to go to the little house out back in the winter time. If she works a little over time this winter and brings in a little extra cash - I will buy her a hot water tank for Christmas - that should make her real happy. Merry Christmas my darling wife!

Hey we all make mistakes. I just think you need to tolerate your old girl - she will let up eventually.

Cheers

Bez+

Are you serious, or just joking?

Bez+":lag8dstw said:

Cheers

Bez+

thats the way it should be,I even farmed mine out to Dun if the weather get bad
I told him if it got snowy or icy I would send her up to do his chores when she got done around here is only about 80 miles so she should have plenty of time to do both of our feeding and chores

Don't want him to fall and break a hip or somethin at his age

My wife is not a true farm chick. She dose the cooking, book keeping, cleaning, takes care of the 5 kids (our 4 girls and me), hunting, dose all the gardening, and anything else that needs to be done. When it comes to taking care of the cows, fencing, or anything on a tractor she's long gone. I have to tell her that when we run the cows it's bookkeeping when you log in all the info; then she will sit in the truck and log away and want to know when we will be done.

But at the end of the day it's all up to everyone being happy with there life.

blackcowz":362wqu46 said:
Bez+":362wqu46 said:

Cheers

Bez+

Well - I am on a 24 month tour of duty in the middle east

Other than fetching me a beer, (wish she could - just so I could see her) and the fact I already sprung for the hot water tank - I am frigging dead bloody serious as a heart attack

Someone has to keep the place going - and she is it

Bez+

Kuddos to her, you have a rare hard working woman there that when you get home will be soooooooo happy, but dont mess with a rutine.

xbred you know my hubby was pretty hard headed when it came to picking heifer calves and bulls.
Been getting rather funny around here. I have been picking the heifers and lately got to pick a bull. So when the other half gets to do that it is pretty important.
Now if I can just get him to let me go to a certain bull auction and pick a bull I would be really happy. :D

Bez+":zqi1k3ap said:
blackcowz":zqi1k3ap said:
Bez+":zqi1k3ap said:

Cheers

Bez+

Well - I am on a 24 month tour of duty in the middle east

Other than fetching me a beer, (wish she could - just so I could see her) and the fact I already sprung for the hot water tank - I am frigging dead bloody serious as a heart attack

Someone has to keep the place going - and she is it

Bez+

Well, I am praying that you and the others deployed stay safe. I commend your wife for being mother and the ranch runner. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bez+":xc0fs0y2 said:

Cheers

Bez+

I appreciated you making me smile (I had wrinkles on my forehead all morning). It would be nice if what you wrote were true, huh?

Ah you men...
My husband is the same way. Didnt like my heifer when I picked her out, but now loves her..when I point out I was the one who picked her out and bought her, he says he wouldnt have let me buy a bad cow...smart ass. :roll:

xbred":3rihpils said:
last february my trusted hereford bull, Belezar(that my wife picked out and named) was turned into the herd...i noticed several cows came in heat after they were bred...i had the bull checked out and though he wasn't totally sterile, he was not very potent...i shipped him and got another ...long story..my wife griped about my selling "her bull"...well i am the "cattleman in my house!"...needless to say the first seven calves have white faces and rings around their eyes just like their pappy, Belezar, and i havn't heard the end of it yet....

Too bad that the "cattleman in my family" didn't have the experience/foresight to have the bull checked out BEFORE he was put in with the cows. That would have prevented a lot of problems, on a variety of fronts! ;-)

You go girl! Without the help of my wife, from time to time, in our cattle operation my world would be a cold and dark place.

I hate to see the Boss Lady go out and do the ranching on those below zero days. Good chance my supper will be late. :frowns: :cowboy:

To those guys that have a wife that is interested in cattle and where you can share that interest - or any interest - consider yourself as very lucky.

SRBeef":2dvxk3dv said:
To those guys that have a wife that is interested in cattle and where you can share that interest - or any interest - consider yourself as very lucky.

I do SR am I am very proud of her for everything she does with out her I would not be able do many of the things I have done or am doing in my life she makes as many or more steps on this place as I do everyday
she can do it all if for some reason I have to be gone or need to be doing something else I know she can handle it
and to think she was raised in the city you would never know it by looking at her or talking to her

Angus Cowman":3jpi8phb said:
I do SR am I am very proud of her for everything she does with out her I would not be able do many of the things I have done or am doing in my life she makes as many or more steps on this place as I do everyday
she can do it all if for some reason I have to be gone or need to be doing something else I know she can handle it
and to think she was raised in the city you would never know it by looking at her or talking to her
My wife is exactly the same way. Wouldn;t trade her for a pair of 2 dollar government mules!

Latest posts